Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||Start in 1 September: May (non-EEA: May).|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2013|
|Credits:|| 180 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||36 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Dutch-language programme focusing on healthcare & research. Graduates are qualified as 'basic doctors'. The programme is three years long (two of clinical rotations and the third as a 'semi-doctor')
The masters programme in Medicine focuses on participation in healthcare and research. The first two years consist of 11 clinical rotations (and one elective), some of which you can follow abroad. In the final year, you participate as a semi-doctor in research (18 weeks) and healthcare (18 weeks), working under supervision while gaining more independence and responsibilities throughout the year. The degree entitles you to be called a basic doctor and qualifies you to enter specialty training programmes, for example in general practice (three years), paediatrics (six years) or surgery (six years). This is a three-year programme taught in Dutch.
Programme internationalization: * Studying abroad is optional.
This programme has a workload of 180 ECTS.
Admission requirements for UM students
I - Students need to meet the Dutch learning outcome requirements (landelijke eindtermen) set for the university Bachelor degree programme in Medicine in the Netherlands.
Direct admission The following groups of students are admitted directly to the Master´s programme in Medicine at the UM. They meet the aforementioned requirement I and are:
* Students with a Bachelor´s degree in Medicine obtained at the FHML-UM.
* Students who have completed the Bachelor´s degree in Medicine at the FHML-UM and who have been admitted conditionally to the Master´s programme of Medicine on the basis of a decision by the Examination Board of Medicine. For the requirements for conditional admission see the Programme and Examination Regulations for the Bachelor´s Programme of Medicine on Eleum.
Admission requirements for non-UM students
I - Students must meet the Dutch learning outcome requirements (landelijke eindtermen) of the Bachelor´s degree in Medicine.
II - Students must be proficient in Dutch (the programme is offered in Dutch). Students whose native language is not Dutch must show a `Staatsexamen Nederlands als Tweede Taal, niveau 2´ (Dutch as a Second Language, level 2) certificate*. If a foreign-language student has completed his or her Bachelor´s programme in Medicine in Dutch or Flemish, this is also accepted as sufficient evidence of proficiency in the Dutch language.
* The Language Centre of Maastricht University offers many language courses, including Dutch, English, German, French and Spanish. The courses range from general courses for beginners and advanced learners to more specialized courses such as negotiating in a foreign language, business correspondence and working in economic, legal medical or technical terminology. You can find more information on the website of Maastricht University Language Centre.
Indirect admission (i.e. admission with a so-called proof of admission)
In accordance with the law, the requirements for admission to the Master´s programme in Medicine at the UM for the following students reflect the qualities in the field of knowledge, insight and skills that need to be obtained upon completion of the Bachelor´s degree in Medicine:
* Students with a Bachelor´s diploma/degree in Medicine obtained at a Dutch university other than the UM.
These students meet aforementioned requirements under I and II, and upon request will receive a proof of admission issued by the Faculty Board or by the Examination Board on behalf of the Faculty Board. As such they are admitted to the Master´s programme in Medicine.
* Students with a Bachelor´s degree in Medicine obtained at a university outside of the Netherlands.
These students need to demonstrate: 1) they possess skills that meet the Dutch learning outcome requirements of the university Bachelor´s programme of Medicine (assessed by the Examination Board of the UM); 2) they are proficient in the Dutch language. If they succeed in doing so, a proof of admission will be issued by the Faculty Board or by the Examination Board on behalf of the Faculty Board. As such they are admitted to the Master´s programme in Medicine.
* Students with a diploma equivalent to the Bachelor´s programme in Medicine of a foreign university (without a Bachelor-Master structure).
These students also need to demonstrate that: 1) they possess skills that meet the Dutch learning outcome requirements of the university Bachelor´s programme of Medicine (to be assessed by the Examination Board of the UM); 2) they are proficient in the Dutch language. If they succeed in doing so, a proof of admission will be issued by the Faculty Board or by the Examination Board on behalf of the Faculty Board. As such they are admitted to the Master´s programme in Medicine.
Study advisors of the FHML-G can provide students who want to apply with a study advice specified to their situation.
* Maastricht University can apply for an entrance visa for you through an accelerated procedure. You will receive detailed information by email once you have been admitted to a study programme, but it is important to know that one of the requirements is that you will be asked to show that you have enough financial means (about EUR 8,500 for one year, excluding the tuition fees) to support yourself. Other requirements are a document showing that you have been admitted to a programme at Maastricht University and a valid passport. The Visa Office or the coordinator of your Master's programme will assist incoming students in obtaining a visa. If you have any questions about residence permits or visas, you can email the Visa Office at email@example.com.
Scholarships / Grants:
European Commission:\r\nErasmus Mundus is a new programme of the European Commission. Its aim is to improve the quality of European higher education through joint master's degree programmes offered by partner institutions in the member states.\r\nFor additional information: Website
Maastricht University:\r\nFor additional information: Website
Maastricht University:\r\nFor additional information: Website
Accredited by: NVAO in: Netherlands
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.