Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The Master's Degree in Women, Gender and CitizenshipStudies is an interdisciplinary degree promoted by the Inter-university Institute for Women and GenderStudies (IIEDG). The main objective of the degree is to provide scientifically rigorous training in women and genderstudies that can also be applied to current issues in society.
The master's degree has two specialisations:
* - Theory, Criticism and Culture
* - Women, Work and Public Policies
The Official Masters Degree in Women, Gender and Citizenship Studies is an interdisciplinary Masters qualification promoted by the Inter-University Women and Gender Studies Institute (IIEDG) which has an agreement with eight participating Catalan universities: University of Barcelona (coordinator), Autonomous University of Barcelona, University of Girona, UPC Barcelona-Tech, Rovira i Virgili University, University of Vic, Universitat of Lleida and Pompeu Fabra University.
Duration 2 years. (90 ECTS)
Type of education: Full-time
The Masters degree has a teaching load of 90 ECTS credits and is designed to be studied over two academic years (60 credits for each year). However, students can matriculate to earn between 20 and 60 ECTS credits per academic year. The number of credits specified at matriculation will determine each students workload in hours.
1 ECTS credit is equivalent to a workload of 25-30 hours, so 60 ECTS credits require full-time study, this being estimated at a minimum of 1500 study hours per year.
Language: Spanish and Catalan
* Theory and Culture. Research Orientation
* Women, Work and Public Policies. Professional Orientation
This is an interdisciplinary MA programme in the fields of gender, theory, culture and public policies.
Students will acquire knowledge about the theory and methodologies of Women's and Gender Studies. This knowledge will enable them to critically assess research in different disciplines.
Students following each of the two programmes (specialities) on Public Policies Social will be able to carry out and evaluate practical and policy-focused research on social policy.
Ideal student profile
The Master is designed for:
* Graduates and professionals interested in seeing how questions related to gender differences can be applied to their field or profession.
* People who wish to reflect and intervene in order to end gender discrimination and inequality in institutions, politics and employment.
* Graduates interested in working critical, intellectual work regarding categories and speeches passed on by cultural tradition, and people interested in increasing the visibility or studying scientific, technical and humanist work by women.
* Four-year degree in Humanities or Social Sciences.
* Graduates in Nursing, Architecture, Biology, Biotechnology, Food Science and Technology, Psychology, Medicine and Human Nutrition and dietetics.
* Prior studies from a gender perspective: we will take into account whether the student has completed studies related to this master'sdegree and at what academic level (degree subjects, subject courses on a doctorate, specialised modules on another master'sdegree, full master's degrees related to gender
not validated in Spain, etc).
* Professional experience, training in disciplines or fields of knowledge related to the existing specialisations.
* Similarity between previous qualifications and the master'sdegree. For this purpose, a list of these qualifications shall be drawn up according to qualification levels and suitability.
* Student record for previous studies.
* Knowledge of a third language.
* Mobility during previous studies.
* Cover letter explaining why you want to take the course and what your objectives are.
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.