Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Number 1 in Ranking of 250 Master programmes in finance, published by the national newspaper El Mundo.
The Master in Finance - International Finance (CUNEF-EBS London) commits students to an 18 month period of study in which they learn the theory, techniques and practical working tools necessary for decision-making in the field of finance, with special emphasis on international finance and the global financial markets. The course held in two of the principal European financial centres (Madrid and London) at two institutions with a special vocation for the training of young professionals in the financial sector: CUNEF and European Business School, London. This master programme has a clearly international character and is aimed at graduates who wish to specialize in the international and multilateral aspects of the financial sector.
The Master in Finance International Finance is designed to give participants a solid grounding in business finance, the financial system and in the capital markets, while at the same time providing them with a deeper insight into the workings of international finance which the capital and finance markets offer the individual, companies and institutions.
The Master in Finance International Finance pursues the following objectives:
* Participants will acquire a solid knowledge of the financial system, with special emphasis on the way stock exchanges work and on the processes of investment management (individual, institutional and private wealth management).
* Participants will develop their skills in financial and stock market analysis (technical analysis, fundamental analysis, charter analysis), risk assessment, value creation and financial decision-making from the viewpoint of efficiency and profitability demanded by the current competitive environment.
* Participants will develop their knowledge of risk assessment and analysis from the viewpoint of financial operations.
* Equally they will study stock market business, how stock and capital markets work, and the products and instruments which operate in these markets.
* The programme seeks to increase the managerial skills of leadership, communication, team work and motivation, which are necessary for future senior executives.
* In the course of the programme participants will become familiar with decision-making processes in respect of stock exchange business through the analysis of a wide range of case studies.
Finally, the course seeks to transmit, as an integral part of participants training, ethical values and principles of social commitment in the practice of good corporate governance demanded by stakeholders and society at large.
The CUNEF Master Programmes in Finance are particularly relevant to those who wish to follow a professional career in one of the following areas of activity:
* Investment banking or commercial banking
* Investment management: hedge funds, investment funds, pension funds
* Securities Investment & brokerage firms, capital markets: asset and portfolio management, investor relations.
* Financial management of companies & institutions
* Financial analysis and company valuation
* Corporate finance & strategic consulting
* Auditing and commercial law firms
* Quantitative finance and advanced financial modelling
* Public administration (central banks, international organizations, national, regional or local government) or NGO finance
The programme is divided into three periods, two of which are held in Madrid and one in London. Teaching is given in Spanish and English, by faculty who are experts in their respective fields. Participants acquire a solid grounding in business finance, in the Spanish and international financial systems and in the domestic and international capital markets, and at the same time obtain a deeper insight into the workings of international finance which the capital and finance markets offer the individual, companies and institutions (stock exchange trading, stock exchange analysis, financial assessment and planning, private portfolio management, institutional portfolio management, private bank portfolio management).
COURSE STRUCTURE AND CURRICULUM
The Master in Finance International Finance is taught in one academic year between the months of October and July in Madrid, and between the following months of September and December in London. Classes in Madrid are timetabled from 4.30pm to 9.30pm, from Monday to Friday, and have the following basic content structure:
Basic outline of contents
* ADVANCED FINANCE (6 Mdules) 17 credits
* FINAL PROJECT 4 credits
* FUNDAMENTALS OF FINANCE (7 Mdules) 22 credits
* INTERNATIONAL FINANCE (6 Mdules) 17 credits
* TOTAL 60 credits (600 h.)
In addition the program includes:
* 1 TERM AT EUROPEAN BUSINESS SCHOOL LONDON
* PERSONALIZED MENTORING PROGRAMME
* PREPARATORY COURSE LEADING TO LEVEL 1 OF THE CFA INTERNATIONAL QUALIFICATION
* SPECIALIZED SEMINARS on current issues in the world of finance
* INTERNSHIP PROGRAMMES (Optative)
* INTERNATIONAL WEEK in the City of London, in collaboration with Regents College and CUNEFs partner companies and institutions.
October: Pre master
* Basic financial mathematics (2 cr.)
* Accounting for decision making seminar
1st four-month period(CUNEF Madrid) (October-February):
FUNDAMENTALS OF FINANCE
* Economy and Finance (3 cr.)
* Basic quantitative finance and advanced financial modelling(4 cr.)
* Financial System (Spanish and international) (4 cr.)
* Money markets and capital marketsI (4 cr.)
* Corporate Finance I (3 cr.)
* Ethics and corporate governance (2 cr.)
* International corporate finance (3 credits)
* Internationalization and foreign trade management (2 credits)
* Financial analysis of multinational companies (2 credits)
* Evaluation period
* International week
2nd four-month period (CUNEF Madrid) (March June):
* Money markets and capital markets II (4 cr.)
* Advanced financial analysis (3 cr.)
* Financial intruments for companies (3 cr.)
* Taxation of financial transactions (2 cr.)
* Entrepreneurship and venture capital (2 cr.)
* Managerial competencies (3 cr.)
* International bank management (3 credits)
* Global asset management (3 credits)
* Emerging markets finance (2 credits)
* Global financial regulation (2 credits)
June: Evaluation period
July: Presentation of Final Project
3rd four-month period (EBS London) (September - December):
GLOBAL BANKING & FINANCE
During this 4-month period, participants must study 4 modules of the MSc in Global Banking & Finance, choosing 3 modules from the Specialist Core Modules below and 1 module from the Specialist Elective Modules below
Specialist Core Modules, Participants must choose any three core modules from the following:
* Bank Risk Management (6.5 credits)
* Financial Statement Analysis and Valuation (6.5 credits)
* Monetary Policy & Central Bank Operations (6.5 credits)
* Investment Analysis (6.5 credits)
* Research Methods (inc. a Pre-session) (6.5 credits)
Specialist Elective Modules, Participants must choose any one elective module from the following:
* Financial Engineering (6.5 credits)
* Trading in Global Financial Markets (6.5 credits)
* Microfinance (6.5 credits)
* Bond Market Strategies (6.5 credits)
The programme is aimed at university graduates with less than five years professional experience who wish to begin or develop their careers in the field of international finance. Participants must have an excellent command of English and should feel at ease working and interacting in a multinational environment. Although participants come from a wide range of university backgrounds engineering, mathematics, law etc. those whose background is Economics, Business Studies or allied areas usually make up approximately 70% of annual intake.
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.