|Application deadline:||International applications: July, UK and EU applications: August|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
* This programme will be of interest if you are working or intend to work in an organisation involved in any aspect of political communication.
* This is the only programme in Scotland and one of only a few in the UK specialising in political communication. You will benefit from being taught by staff from one of the UKs leading institutions for political studies.
* You will benefit from ourpolitical communication seminarswhere you can discuss key issues in the field with top practitioners.
* If you would like to go on to a PhD in the field of political communication, you should consider the closely-relatedPolitical Communication (MRes).
Career prospectsCareer opportunities include positions in public relations and communications in government agencies, political parties, charities and international organisations; politics and political consultancy; political journalism; media policy-making; and higher education, including doctoral studies.
You will study three core courses: two courses in political communication and one in methodology; as well as three optional courses chosen from a range in politics and other selected courses offered at the University.
You will also write a dissertation on a political communication topic of your choice, under the guidance of personal supervision by a specialist member of staff.
You will attend lectures, seminars and tutorials and take part in project work and case studies.
Core courses * Media And Democracy
* Political Institutions, Crisis And Communication
Plus one from the following * Qual Meth For Soc Sci PG
* Social Science Statistics 1
Optional courses * China's international politics
* Chinese politics and society
* Challenges in international politics
* Comparative European politics
* Critical perspectives on human rights
* Ethics of war and peace
* EU in international politics and development
* Human rights and global politics
* Institutions and policies of the European Union
* International relations theory
* International security and global politics
* Internet and civil society
* The media and regime transformation in CEE, Russia and the FSU
* Media, war and security.
You may also choose, with the programme convener's approval, from courses in the other subject areas in the School of Social & Political Sciences. Some courses might not be available every year.
The minimum entry requirements are an honours degree at the 2.1/upper second class level or higher or equivalent (e.g. B/3.0 GPA in the undergraduate degree) in politics, law or related social science subject.
We will consider applications from graduates from other fields, but the applicant should submit a statement indicating why they are interested in changing fields or the connection to their previous study. We will also take relevant work experience into account.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
English language requirementsFor applicants whose first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training):
* overall score 6.5
* no sub-test less than 6.0
* or equivalent scores in another recognised qualification (see below)
Common equivalent English language qualifications:
* ibTOEFL: 92; no sub-test less than 20
* CAE (Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English): B minimum
* CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English): Cminimum
* PTE Academic (Person Test of English, Academic test): 60; no sub-test less than 59
Pre-sessional coursesThe University of Glasgow accepts evidence of the required language level from the Language Centre Pre-sessional courses. We also consider other BALEAP accredited pre-sessional courses:
* Language Centre, University of Glasgow
* BALEAP guide to accredited courses
|TOEFL iBT® test:||92|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
The University of Glasgow Adam Smith Business School has accreditations by the following professional bodies:
* Accredited by Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
* Accredited by the Association of MBAs (for the MBA programme)
* Accreditation by professional accountancy bodies
* Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland
* Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales
* Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
* Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
* Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy
We are also members of the Association of Business Schools and of theEuropean Foundation for Management Development.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!