Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
The Master of Counselling (Interpersonal Dialogue) is specifically designed for international students, with significant professional experience in related fields, who are seeking to gain a fully accredited professional qualification in counselling in the United Kingdom.
Combining academic rigour with high quality professional training, the programme provides unique opportunities for training, learning and research in the field of counselling and psychotherapy. The award of this degree allows graduates to practise as counsellors or therapists in the UK and in other countries with equivalent professional and academic standards.
The programme is founded in dialogue between the person-centred approach and psychodynamic perspectives in counselling. It involves substantial placement practice (internships) with counselling clients.
Note: Applicants are advised to visit the Counselling and Psychotherapy website in order to download and complete a Stage One application prior to submitting any materials online. See the link to the website on the right, under "Find out more".
As an accelerated professional training programme, entrants are required to be both personally and professionally suitable for counselling training and ready to begin counselling practice within six months of programme commencement.
The entrance requirements therefore combine personal suitability requirements with professional experience and academic requirements.
Applicants are expected to meet one of the following academic requirements:
* an undergraduate degree equivalent to an upper second class honours degree in a subject relevant to counselling and psychotherapy;
* an undergraduate degree equivalent to a good lower second class honours degree in a subject relevant to counselling and psychotherapy and references confirming aptitude for study at postgraduate level;
* cognate professional qualifications equivalent to an honours degree.
Exceptionally, where an applicant's undergraduate degree is in an area not considered relevant to counselling and psychotherapy, they may be admitted at the discretion of the programme director so long as they meet the personal and professional suitability requirements stipulated below.
Personal and professional suitability and relevant experience requirements are laid own by the British professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy as follows:
* self awareness, maturity and stability;
* ability to make use of and reflect on life experience;
* capacity to cope with the emotional demands of the programme;
* ability to cope with the intellectual and academic requirements;
* ability to form and sustain helping relationships;
* ability to be self critical and use both positive and negative feedback;
* awareness of difference, diversity and power;
* aapacity for psychological thinking and engagement;
* understanding of the principles and practices of counselling.
In addition to meeting the suitability requirements, applicants are required to have substantial relevant experience of working in helping roles in counselling or a cognate area, such as education, social work, nursing, mental health practice, applied psychology or equivalent.
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of at least 7.0 is required. This English language requirement is higher than the standard College requirement of 6.5, as language skills are particularly pertinent in counselling and students will be required to communicate verbally and in writing at a high level from the commencement of the programme.
An interview, by telephone, webcam, video-conference or in person, is required to determine personal and professional suitability and relevant experience. Clearance by Disclosure Scotland (a criminal record suitability check) is also required.
* Information by country
* English language requirements
|CAE score:||80(Grade C)|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.