Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||There is no formal closing date for applications, but early application is advised.|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2013|
|Credits:|| 60 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
MSc Economics & Statistical Analysis is a postgraduate conversion programme in Economics and related mathematical and statistical methods and techniques that is designed primarily for graduates in other disciplines. This makes it distinct from most taught masters programmes in Economics as these are designed for Economics graduates.
Once in employment many graduates in more general subject areas find that they lack appropriate analytical and mathematical/statistical skills that would enhance their career progression. This course provides an integrated study of Economics and Statistics. Additionally, the programme has been designed in such a way to allow graduates in either Economics or Statistics to develop expertise in their missing discipline and acquire a postgraduate qualification.
Why Choose this Course?
* Designed for graduates in other disciplines looking to acquire a working knowledge of both Economics and associated Mathematical / Statistical techniques
* Suitable for graduates in Economics or Mathematics / Statistics wanting to acquire expertise in their missing discipline to augment and deepen current areas of expertise
* Award-winning support from induction through to graduation
* Innovative teaching that focuses on learning for the real world and the employability of our graduates
* Flexible study Full-time and part-time available. Start in September or January
* Principles of Microeconomics
* Mathematics for Economics & Finance
* Principles of Macroeconomics
* Statistics for Economics & Finance
* Applied Principles of Economics
* Quantitative Analysis for Economics & Finance
* Option: Cost Benefit Analysis / Risk Analysis & Modelling
* Research Methods & Dissertation
Graduates in either Economics or Mathematics/Statistics may take alternative modules from the GSBS Postgraduate Portfolio as agreed with the Programme Leader
A combination of Applied Written Courseworks, Final Examinations and Dissertation
UK Honours Degree 2:2 or equivalent in any subject area
The overriding consideration will be the Programme Leaders assessment of the students ability to undertake the Programme successfully.
Recognition of Prior Learning
The university will also consider admission to the programme on the basis of prior learning and/or prior experiential learning.
Such learning may be certificated or un-certificated and could include appropriate work experience in government economic service, economic consultancy, planning / economic development or considerable industrial experience in the sector at a management level.
Applicants in this situation are advised to consult with the Programme Leader at an early stage in the application process.
Academic IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent) is required, with no element less than 5.5.
Progression from INTO Scotland
Applicants who have completed an INTO Graduate Diploma in Business (eg GCU/INTOs Graduate Diploma in English with Business) or a comparable programme from similar institutions, will also be considered.
|CAE score:||60(Grade A)|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test