|Application deadline:||There is no formal closing date for applications, but early application is advised.|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015, January 2016|
|Credits (ECTS):||60 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Drugs are biologically active chemicals used for both scientific investigation and the treatment or prevention of disease. Pharmacology is the science that studies the mechanism of action, clinical uses, side effects and the fate of drugs on the body. This Programme, which is academically challenging and vocationally relevant, will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the science of Pharmacology and allow you to develop bench skills together with an understanding of techniques currently used in pharmacology. In addition the programme aims to promote strong communication skills and independent thought, in preparation for employment or an PhD. The Programme covers essentials of pharmacology, mechanisms of drug action and drug metabolism, drug therapy and drug toxicology and includes a dedicated module dealing with research methods for biological science. The course will use a variety of learning and teaching methods such as, lectures, seminars, laboratory practicals and an extended research project.
The programme operates as a one year, full-time modularised programme. As part of the course students undertake an extended laboratory based programme of independent original research, which will permit the student to study in depth an aspect of current interest in pharmacology. A report on the research project will form part of the course assessment and will help students to further develop their scientific writing skills as well as their knowledge base.
The taught element of the course comprises 70% of the final mark. Each module will be assessed individually by a combination of course work and formal examination. The research project will account for the other 30% of the final mark. A fully referenced research report of 8,000-10,000 words will form the main part of the research project assessment but students will also be assessed on performance in the laboratory and on their ability to present and discuss their research findings in the form of an oral presentation.
BSc (Hons) or equivalent (minimum 60%) in a biological/biomedical science including anatomy & physiology.
When English is not the native language, applicants will have to demonstrate, and provide evidence of, a proficiency in written and spoken English to at least level 6 of IELTS with no single element below 5.5
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|180 (Grade C)|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!