Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||End of August|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||21 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
International business activity is no longer the exclusive domain of large multinational corporations. Small and medium-sized firms are increasingly discovering that GLOBAL opportunities are not only possible, but often essential to their survival.
Developments in MEDIA, TECHNOLOGY, TRANPORT, and a growing number of trade agreements guarantee the expansion of international trade. Success in the world economy depends not only on cutting-edge knowledge about transglobal business civilizations, but also involves understanding people and human values across a variety of cultures.
Thus, corporate projectmanagers are vital for international business development! The ability to take an original idea, develop it, gain the necessary funding and bring the resulting product or service to fruition is a talent necessary to thrive in an international environment and much sought after by companies today.
* Corporate Project Development: Set up a new business, service, line or sector within an already existing company. Corporate project managers are the driving catalysts behind this inter-company innovation: designing new product ranges, creating new industry sectors, negotiating mergers and ventures across the globe.
* Company Takeovers & Family Businesses: Develop and expand an existing company. Use your entrepreneurial spirit and transform existing companies through new management techniques and new marketing strategy. Become an instrument of change through innovation.
* Social & Stand-Alone Entrepreneurship: Set up sustainable social projects which are ultimately self-supporting as an individual or within a group or launch a new business venture as a classic individual entrepreneur.
The MA Business Program
The MA is a hands-on, comprehensive and all-inclusive program. Theoretical knowledge is consolidated through work-group projects and case studies carried out in 3-4 member teams.
Students not only learn how to carry out effective research, but they also acquire planning and reporting skills, essential for efficient project managers.
Taught entirely in English, the MA in International Business Development can be completed in a 1or 2 year cycle, depending on the candidates academic history and professional background.
* From inspiration to final delivery: developing new product ranges or services - the life cycle of a business venture
* Putting it together: market studies, fabrication, logistics, promotion
* International business climate: outsourcing/offshoring/foreign takeovers/international mergers/joint ventures
* The art of persuasion - Gaining management and investor support: packaging and presenting concepts, plans and financial spreadsheets
* Business design and creation modes: corporate project development or social entrepreneur?
Student Portfolio - Business Ventures
* A consultancy firm for companies wanting to invest in, or penetrate the Russian market
* A corporate development project for LVMH: launching a line of luxury sports shoes for young men
* A corporate development project for a Romanian executive education and consulting firm looking to break-into the French market
* An international transportation company in Western Africa using former military vehicles
* A wedding planning company in Georgia
* A facilities management company in Eastern Europe to service incoming Western European companies.
* A business promoting Kenyan musicians throughout Europe and America
* A business exporting second hand motorcycles sourced from Western Europe to Poland
* A safari lodge in Angola
* Opening a vintage clothing store in Vienna, Austria
The MA in International Business Development (5th year) will lead you to jobs such as:
* Project Development manager (or executive)
* Project manager within a company or business unit
* Entrepreneur of your own business if you are drawn by this adventure, the American Business School will help you along the way.
The academic coursework and research is articulated around a series of checkpoints where the students are assessed upon the work required for each particular checkpoint. Outside businesspeople and entrepreneurs are invited to sit on the panels to give feedback to the students.
Emerging Economies & Micro Markets
Review & Consolidate :
* Cost Accounting & Risk Analysis
* Research Methodology & Data Analysis
* Written & Oral Communication Techniques
* Time Management Techniques
* partnerships & alliances
* mergers & acquisitions
* international legal environment
Round Table discussions with professionals
Area Study research of business opportunities in a specific region or country
Sustainable Development & Social Entrepreneurship
Supply Chain Management
Creative Thinking Seminar
* financial forecasting
* risk management
* venture capital
Career Perspectives & Personal Branding seminars
Business Study - researching business opportunities in a specific industry or economic sector.
Professional thesis & presentation of the mission/consulting project carried out.
The Master of Arts consists in 2 years: MA1 and MA2
There are two entry points based on the candidates academic background:
- qualify for entry in MA1 : Student holding a 3 degree in Business or any other field of study.
-qualify for entry in MA2 : Students holding a 4 year degree in Business and Management.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.