Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
As for the Double Degree Agreement signed between the University of Tübingen and the University of Trento, the University of Trento (Italy) - UniTN henceforth in this document - and the University of Tübingen (Germany) - UniTUE henceforth in this document - offer a two-year (120 ECTS credits) Double Masters Degree Programme, named Double Degree in Physics.
A joint curriculum is specified which involves the two universities. The student will study in two universities, taking courses on advanced topics in physics. The student will spend half of his/her Master course in one university (2 semesters) and the other half in the other university (2 semesters).
The objective of the Masters Degree Programme is to provide the students with the necessary instruments to attain a direct contact with at least one of the topics performed at either University, at the frontier of the research in physics. The student will bring his/her personal contribution with a thesis work under the guidance of two Supervisors, one from UniTN and one from UniTUE.
The aim is to expose the students to the European research world; the experience should develop in the student an innovative attitude, regardless of the chosen specialization within the Masters Degree Progremme offers.
Such ability represents a value for both the academic and the labour market.
This agreement is inspired by the idea of mutual recognition of studies within European Universities. The European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) is used to assess the work done by the students.
The proposed curriculum follows the idea that the students will attend the first two semesters in one University and the other two semesters in the other; specifically: First year: The student follows advanced courses or introductory courses (basic modules), for a total of 60 credits.
Second year + Thesis: The student works mainly at the thesis and follows connected courses/seminars for a total amount of 60 credits. The mobility scheme and the university where the student enrols are established during the selection procedure by the selection committee.
The thesis is understood as a cooperative work between both institutions:
Supervisors from each university will guide the work of the student ("joint supervision of the thesis")
The procedure will ensure that each Faculty can interact and guarantee the quality of the work when awarding the academic degrees. The credit content of the thesis ranges between 36 and 42 credits.
Upon the successful completion of the curriculum and fulfilment of the Masters Programme requirements, students will be awarded a qualification equivalent to Masters Degree Programme in Physics in the two visited universities.
The awarded degree corresponds to:
* - Masterprüfungsordnung in Tübingen (Germany), and the
* - "Laurea Magistrale in Fisica LM 17 in Trento (Italy).
An application fee of 15,00 is required to be paid by all candidates for being considered eligible. Information about the fee payment will be reported on Master website at
In order to be considered eligible for the application candidates must have the following minimum requirements:
1. bachelor degree in Physics or related bachelor degree awarded by an internationally recognized University level institution with a study plan including, as minimum requirements, 30 MATH/* and 90 PHYS/* credits (ECTS credits or considered equivalent by the selection committee);
2. knowledge of German language at least at A2 level proved by institutional certificate or international certifications, (in case of A2 level, there will be a mandatory German language class to be fulfilled upon arrival). Applicants who received one of their previous degrees from a University level Institution where the official teaching language is German, can submit a declaration issued by the same University stating that German is the primary language of education. Citizens and/or first-degree-holders from German speaking Countries do not have to submit the German language certificate but only a self declaration attesting their status.
3. fluency in written and spoken English at B1 level (Common European Framework CEFR) proved by one of the certifications listed in attachment n°1. Applicants who received one of their previous degrees from a University level Institution where the official teaching language is English, can submit a declaration issued by the same University stating that English is the primary language of education. Citizens and/or first-degree-holders from English speaking Countries do not have to submit the English language certificate but only a self declaration attesting their status.
As regards the language requirements, the selection committee has the right to evaluate and deem acceptable any documents attesting the language proficiency of the candidate.
Applicants who, at the deadline of the call, are not in possession of the requested bachelor degree are required to attach a self certification attesting the expected graduation date.
If selected, their final admission will be conditional to the submission of a copy of the degree certificate not later than July 31, 2014.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||569|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||87|
Top selected students will have the opportunity to access the Trento Opera Universitaria scholarship system; it consists in the possibility to receive
- a full tuition waiver and
- up to euros 4.000 per year Other tuition waivers and/or scholarships may be available in Trento and in Tubingen, depending on the funding available at the end of the selection process.
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.