|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||August 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The program is open for everybody interested in a high-quality study program in the field of educational management at a Masters level.
It prepares future leaders of educational institutions to work in the fields of early childhood, secondary, vocational, adult, continuing or higher education and other related sectors on a national or international level. The program offers a blend of practical knowledge, conceptual frameworks and state-of-the-art research while emphasizing a global perspective on educational management.
The program enables graduates to fulfill functions in all education-related organizations. They will demonstrate an advanced understanding of current management, leadership and pedagogical issues and challenges of the educational sector as well as the ability to take a global perspective in tackling management issues in education. In response to the broad range of challenges that arise in practice, graduates acquire advanced knowledge and skills in the fields of management, leadership and pedagogy.
Their competence profile enables them to assume leadership positions in the following types of institutions and industries:
* Preschool & Kindergarten
* Primary and Secondary Education Providers
* Vocational Education Providers
* Continuing Education Providers
* Higher Education Providers
* Adult Education Providers
* Special Education Providers
* Service Companies (e.g. Consultancies)
* Public Institutions and Authorities (Ministries etc.)
Courses include: * Famework of Educational Management
* Pedagogy I+II
* Educational Management I+II
* Leadership in Educational Institutions I+II
* Research Methods
* Application-oriented Module I+II
* Master Thesis & Colloquium
In order to apply for the Master of Educational Management, you need to hand in the following documents (deadline for all applicants from outside the EU: 15th July):
a) Applicants must have completed a Bachelor degree or equivalent with a minimum of 180 ECTS credit points or a minimum of 3 years from an accredited university.Applicants must submit a notarized copy of the official degree certificate and an academic transcript (in original language AND German or English translation)
b) Proof of English language proficiency.
Additional application documents:
c) A curriculum vitae (European format)
d) Photo (please write your name on the back)
e) Copy of your passport or ID card
f) Letter of motivation
g) 4 signatures on the English study contract
h) Certificate about your Health Insurance which has to be valid for Germany:
* Students from countries that have a social security agreement with the Federal Republic of Germany (EU/EEA countries and Switzerland) have to apply for a mandatory European identity card at a state medical insurance fund in their home country. Upon presentation of a European identity card at a state medical insurance fund in Germany, university applicants may receive the required medical insurance certificate of standard format.
* Students from the EU/EEA countries that have a private medical insurance in their home country should present a note from their insurance company that confirms the full coverage of medical expenses during their study in Germany and that they are excluded from the state medical insurance. A travel medical insurance is not sufficient.
* Students from non-EU and non-EEA countries and countries that do not have a social security agreement with the Federal Republic of Germany should present a certificate of medical insurance with full coverage in Germany or contract a student medical insurance in a German state medical insurance fund.
* For admission, a copy of one of the above mentioned insurance certificates will be sufficient. You can apply for the certificate of standard format after your arrival in Germany and present it latest on the day of matriculation.
The program has been fully approved and accredited by the Bavarian State Ministry of Sciences, Research and the Arts, the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education and Arts, and licensed by the Latvian Ministry of Eduation and Science.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!