|Application deadline:||July 15|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The Master's in Public Policy is a two-year innovative program developing the skills required to articulate issues of public concern, analyze alternative policies, facilitate the adoption and implementation of specific public choices, and evaluate their effects.
The program provides each student with a strong multi-disciplinary foundation of skills and knowledge and an opportunity to apply them to contemporary public policy process. HSE Master Program in Public Policy Analysis provides students with deep theoretical knowledge, strong analytical skills and practical experience in policy research, monitoring, policy planning, policy evaluation and policy implementation.
Public Policy Analysts will be able to work in different institutions of Public Policy Analysis, in the government (Russian, International policy analysis); nonprofit organizations and movements, political parties; analytical centers, think-tanks; private sector (strategic planning, personnel management); PR-agencies, analytical department of business corporations.
The program was developed on the basis of American model of teaching Public Policy Analysis - namely of Public Policy Institute of the Georgetown University and Johns Hopkins University, where the head of this program was teaching in 1993-1995. Besides being both academic and practical, this program is innovative in many other ways:
* inter-university video connection-based courses will become part of the curriculum
* students will be able to have internships at partner NGOs or governmental organizations that deal with Public Policy Analysis.
Students are expected to accomplish extensive readings of literature on theory and practice of Public Policy Analysis, learn and provide deep analysis different policies in Russia and abroad in comparative and global perspective.
Today the HSE Master Program in Public Policy Analysis is the one, where all professors, in addition to their outstanding academic records, have experience being the analysts of the most prominent Russian Think Tanks and expert-oriented public policy centers for long period of time. This enables our graduates to combine skills of academic research with practical skills in Public Policy Analysis, policy planning, policy evaluation and policy implementation, advocacy work.
* Human Rights in Globalizing World
* Russia in Western Legal Tradition
* Research seminar Methodology of Human Rights Monitoring and Reserach
* International and Domestic Mechanisms of Human Rights Protection
* Family and Child Protection in the Modern World
* Migrants and National Minorities
* Soft Law and Regulatory Governance
* Freedom of Conscience and Belief in a Secular State
* Freedom of Expression and Hate Speech
* Freedom of Assembly and Associations
* Theory and Methodology of Political Research
* Ethics, Economics and Politics
* Economic Institutions and Public Policy
* International Relations & Governance in Global Security
* Global Actors in Public Policy
* Lobbying & Advocacy Conflict Management and Mediation
* Game Theory and Collective Behavior Governance
* Regional Policy and Regional Politics
Admission to the program is portfolio-based, rather than exams-based. The main documents that should be presented by the applicant include:
* motivation letter,
* official certificates or diplomas (if applicable) proving the applicant's achievements in the sphere of policy analysis, human rights, etc.,
* letters of recommendation (if applicable) from think-tanks, NGO leaders, governmental bodies, research tutors,
* certificates of grants or awards (if applicable),
* copies of publications and major research projects (if applicable),
* certified copy of the employment record book (if applicable).
Besides that, applicants should provide language proficiency certificates in English (IELTS, minimum score of 6.0, or TOEFL, minimum score of 4.0) or French (DELF/DALF or TCF/TEF, minimum level of B2). If the test results are not available, applicants must take a pass/fail exam in English between June 1st and July 25th.