Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||April 30; December 15|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||February 2014, September 2013|
|Credits:|| 90 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||18 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Program Description: MIME is a joint, specialized Master´s degree offered by the Universities of Basel and Bern. It aims to help students acquire a strong background and analytical expertise in monetary economics, macroeconomics and international macroeconomics. MIME graduates are trained to take positions requiring analytical skills and macroeconomic knowledge, such as those found in banks, monetary and fiscal authorities, general government, international companies and organizations, research institutes and doctoral programs.
Key facts: * Double degree program organized by the Universities of Basel and Bern Excellent career opportunities in industry, administration and academia Transition to a related doctoral program
* Taught exclusively in English
* Internationally renowned faculty
* International student body
* 3 semesters full time
* Attractive location in the heart of Europe
Further information from: Jenny Klaus
University of Basel
Faculty of Business and Economics
Peter-Merian-Weg 6, Postfach
CH-4002 Basel, Switzerland
1. Holders of a Bachelors degree in Economics from a Swiss university with a final grade of at least 5.0 (not rounded) in the major area and who also satisfy the English requirement qualify for automatic
2. Further categories of eligible candidates: Requirements for consideration of an application
A. Holders of a Bachelors degree from a Swiss university in a discipline related to Economics in terms of content and/or methodology, with a final grade of at least 5.0 (not rounded), good performance in either the GRE or the GMAT test and who satisfy the English language criterion. B. Holders of a Bachelors degree in Economics from a non-Swiss, internationally recognized university, with a final grade corresponding to -at least- 5.0 in the Swiss system (not rounded) in the major area and who also satisfy the English language criterion. C. Holders of a Bachelors degree from internationally recognized, non-Swiss university in a discipline related to Economics, with a final grade corresponding to -at least- 5.0 in the Swiss system (not rounded), good performance in either the GRE or the GMAT test and who also satisfy the English language criterion.
3. Other applicants, or those who do not meet the requirements under paragraphs 1 and 2, may still be accepted on the basis of a recommendation by the Governing Board. Admission to the Masters program in International and Monetary Economics requires evidence of adequate knowledge of English to B2 Level of the European Language Portfolio.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.