|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||90 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This new and innovative programme offers the specific award of Masters of Arts in Art and Design Education. The programme is aimed at art educators working within a wide range of educational sectors who are interested in further developing their knowledge and skills in the area of visual arts education. This includes those working in the secondary and further education sectors as well as those in community and other non-compulsory sectors of education where art is a prominent feature.
The programme is offered by the Department of Art and Design Education based at CIT Crawford College of Art and Design and offers a flexible and accessible framework and delivery. The programme is offered on a full-time or part-time basis subject to applicants needs and module demand.
The programme offers modules that will collectively explore the relevance of the visual arts, primarily, in the education of adolescents and adult learners. It exposes students to the crucial factors that impact on these processes.
It is designed to provide students with a wide range of theoretical and practical insights into how individuals learn through art and design.
The programme is delivered through a flexible framework of formal lectures, tutorials and practical art and craft workshops. It offers students the opportunity to further develop their knowledge and skills in art and design teaching to meet curriculum requirements or to develop effective teaching programmes in more informal educational settings.
The programme content provides the following themes of study:
* Educational Policy and the arts in education
* Curriculum development and evaluation for art and design
* Visual Arts Practice, traditional and technological
* Aesthetics and Art Criticism
* Art Therapy
* Inclusive and Special Needs Education through Visual Arts
* Research Methodologies
Department(s): The programme is offered by the Department of Art and Design Education based at CIT Crawford College of Art & Design and offers a flexible and accessible framework and delivery. The Department of Art & Design Education has a long history of teacher education. It presently offers the Higher Diploma in Arts for Art & Design Teachers. This is a one year postgraduate professional training programme.
Location: CIT Crawford College of Art & Design
Further Studies: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
ECTS Credits: 90
Successful candidates qualify as art teachers at second level of education. The Department is also involved in educational research providing opportunities for students to gain a Master of Arts by Research.
This programme is aimed specifically at:
* Art and design educators at second-level, both experienced or newly qualified, who wish to further develop expertise in teaching art and design and who wish to advance their qualifications to MA Level.
* Art and design educators within the further education sector, both experienced or newly qualified, who wish to further develop expertise in teaching art and design and who wish to advance their qualifications to MA Level
* Community professionals with suitable qualifications with similar aspirations with regard to teaching visual arts.
* Those involved in other specific education programmes.
* The programme is aimed at art educators working within a wide range of educational sectors.
Semester 1Mandatory Module Title
* ICT in Art Education (MA)
* Ed Management&Leadership
Elective Module Title
* Aesthetics and Art Criticism
* Individuality in Art Education
Semester 2Mandatory Module Title
* Historical & Contempory Art Pr
* Research Methods ArtEd MA
Elective Module Title
* Art Therapy in Education
* Inclusion & Diversity in Ed
Semester 3Mandatory Module Title
* MA Research Dissertation Educ
Eligible applicants are those who hold a Level 8 Honours H2.2 Bachelor Degree in Fine Art or Design (or similar) and either:
* Higher Diploma in Arts for Art and Design Teachers or equivalent i.e. an older qualification or a recognised teaching qualification from another country or
* BA/BEd in Art and Design Education (Level 8) or
* An equivalent qualification in art and design education or
* Applicants who hold a teaching qualification in subjects other than art and design may also be considered.
* Applicants who hold a Level 8 award at pass level or a Level 7 award (or equivalent) may be considered on the basis of significant relevant experience.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!