|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||90 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The programme is aimed at educators within Primary and Early Years Education who are interested in further developing their knowledge and skills in the area of visual arts education.
The programme is offered by the Department of Art and Design Education based at CIT Crawford College of Art and Design and offers a flexible and accessible framework and delivery. The programme is offered on a full-time or part-time basis subject to applicants needs and module demand.
The programme offers modules that will collectively explore the relevance of the Visual Arts in the education of children from Early Years Education through Primary Level. It exposes students to the crucial factors that impact on this process. It is designed to provide students with a wide range of theoretical and practical insights into how children learn through the Visual Arts.
The programme is delivered through a flexible framework of formal lectures, tutorials and practical art and craft workshops. It offers students the opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills in visual arts teaching to meet curriculum requirements or to allow students to become visual arts specialists in their workplace.
The programme content provides the following themes of study:
* The role of the Visual Arts in child development
* Planning and managing visual arts learning activities
* Visual Arts Practice, traditional and technological
* Art History and Appreciation
* Art Therapy
* Inclusive and Special Needs Education through Visual Arts
* Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
* Research Methodologies
Semester 1 Mandatory Module Title * Art&Des for Teaching
* Individuality in Art Education
Elective Module Title * ICT in Art Education (MA)
* Ed Management&Leadership
* Aesthetics and Art Criticism
Semester 2 Mandatory Module Title * Research Methods ArtEd MA
* Teaching Primary Art Ed
Elective Module Title * Art Therapy in Education
* Inclusion & Diversity in Ed
* Historical & Contempory Art Pr
Semester 3 Mandatory Module Title * MA Research Dissertation Educ
Applicants are expected to have either:
* A BEd for primary school teaching or equivalent recognised qualification or
* A BA in Early Childhood Care and Education (Level 8) or
* An equivalent qualification in primary, early years or special education
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.