|Application deadline:||15 April (Nordic applicants ); 1 December (International applicants)|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||August 2015|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The Master´s Degree Programme in Psychology will provide you with advanced psychological knowledge and the skills to apply that knowledge in a variety of work situations. You will be able to specialize in one area of psychology, and you will learn in detail about how to apply research methodologies and to take appropriate decisions when setting up research projects.
The programme offers four disciplines:
* Cognitive Neuroscience
* Cultural, Societal and Social Psychology
* Health and Social Psychology
* Work and Organizational Psychology
As a student in the Master's Degree Programme in Psychology, you will be invited to take part in ongoing research in the department as well as in external research institutions. The programme has links with NOVA, Folkehelseinstituttet, Telenor, Ungdom mot vold among others. Our students take part in various projects through the teaching and also through their master thesis. For some students this experience leads to a career within one of the organizations they have been introduced to through the master's programme.
When seeking admission to this programme, you apply for admission directly to the preferred study option.
Prospective applicants must refer to the relevant study option for information about application deadlines, requirements and admission.
* Cognitive Neuroscience
English proficiency required for master's degree admission
Applicants who are not native speakers of English must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the following internationally recognised tests:
IELTS and TOEFL test results must not be older than two years. Please make sure that your test result is valid at the time of application.
IELTS acadmic - International English Language Testing System with a minimum score of 6.0.
Please upload a copy of your test result. The University of Oslo will verify your test result online. It is currently not possible to submit test results with an IELTS institutional code.
TOEFL - Test of English as a Foreign Language with a minimum score of
* 550 paper-based test (PBT)
* 80 internet-based test (iBT)
Official test report forms must be sent directly to the University of Oslo. The TOEFL code number for the University of Oslo is 0756. If you upload a copy of your test result, please make sure that the results are also sent directly from ETS.
* Students who have completed a minimum of one year's university studies in academic subjects in UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand and Australia.
* Students who have completed a minimum of one year of Master's Degree studies with English as a language of instruction in one of the Nordic countries
* Students who have completed a Bachelor Degree with English as a language of instruction in one of the Nordic countries.
* Students who have a degree in English language and/or literature.
* Students with International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma.
* Students who have passed University of Cambridge exams, Proficiency (CPE) or Advanced (CAE).
* Students who have passed Advanced Placement International English Language examination (APIEL) with a minimum of 4 points.
* Other exemptions
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||550|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||80|
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.