|Application deadline:||January 30|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The Masters Degree Programme in Learning, Education and Technology (LET) educates experts in learning. The contents of the program are based on central and recent research in the learning sciences and technology-enhanced learning. The core of the education consists of three theoretical viewpoints: self-regulated learning, collaborative learning, and the learning of expertise. In addition, the program includes the exploration of the significance of learning and educational technologies in the working life and the society both now and in the future.
Graduates from the LET program are competent to work for example in professions such as teachers, educators, educational consultants, human resources developers, project leaders, coordinators, researchers, and administrators in both the private and public sectors.
Objectives - LET graduates are able to
* make use of the essential learning theories in the contexts of individual and collaborative learning, human resources, and life-long learning
* pedagogically evaluate different technologies in interaction, learning, and content production
* explain the process of self-regulated learning and develop their self-regulated and co-regulated learning skills
* explicate practical and theoretical means for learning expertise, and can monitor and reflect their progress to be an expert
* work collaboratively in different learning communities
* use research literature and research methods from the field of the learning sciences and educational technologies, as well as conduct scientific research combining learning and technology
* recognize the role of educational technology in the structures of the higher education institution, the working life and the society, and are able to take it into consideration in their own working life
Technology-enhanced individual and collaborative learning methods are used in the practical implementation of the LET program. The studies are implemented in collaboration with domestic and international research and teaching partners. In addition, collaboration with the working life is central to the implementation of the program. The studies will be completed in two academic years as both contact and online teaching. Teaching will be organized as full-time study. After completing the program, students are awarded a Master of Arts (Education) degree which enables them to continue their academic studies at doctoral level. This degree does not constitute a formal teaching qualification.
Learning, Education and Technology (LET) is a full-time two-year international Masters Program (120 ECTS credits).
After completing the program, students are awarded a Master of Arts (Education) degree, which enables them to continue their academic studies at the doctoral level. This degree does not constitute a formal teaching qualification.
The studies consist of language, communication and orientation studies, major studies and minor studies, as well as multidisciplinary studies and other optional studies.
a) Bachelor's degree or equivalent higher education degree; preference will be given to the applicants with a background in education or in humanities.
- Applicants with a background in other academic fields (e.g. information processing sciences, information studies, psychology, economics etc.) are eligible to apply as well.
- Applicants with a Bachelor's degree from a Finnish University of Applied Sciences (former Polytechnic) are eligible to apply as well.
b) Sufficient English language proficiency: All teaching will be in English and therefore English language proficiency is required of all students.
- The level of English language will be assessed during the interview in the second stage of the student selection, if an applicant has been selected for the interview.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||580|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||92|
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!