Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||January 31|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2013|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
The Masters Degree Programme in Learning, Education and Technology (LET) educates experts in learning. The contents of the program are based on central and recent research in the learning sciences and technology-enhanced learning. The core of the education consists of three theoretical viewpoints: self-regulated learning, collaborative learning, and the learning of expertise. In addition, the program includes the exploration of the significance of learning and educational technologies in the working life and the society both now and in the future.
Graduates from the LET program are competent to work for example in professions such as teachers, educators, educational consultants, human resources developers, project leaders, coordinators, researchers, and administrators in both the private and public sectors.
Objectives - LET graduates are able to
* make use of the essential learning theories in the contexts of individual and collaborative learning, human resources, and life-long learning
* pedagogically evaluate different technologies in interaction, learning, and content production
* explain the process of self-regulated learning and develop their self-regulated and co-regulated learning skills
* explicate practical and theoretical means for learning expertise, and can monitor and reflect their progress to be an expert
* work collaboratively in different learning communities
* use research literature and research methods from the field of the learning sciences and educational technologies, as well as conduct scientific research combining learning and technology
* recognize the role of educational technology in the structures of the higher education institution, the working life and the society, and are able to take it into consideration in their own working life
Technology-enhanced individual and collaborative learning methods are used in the practical implementation of the LET program. The studies are implemented in collaboration with domestic and international research and teaching partners. In addition, collaboration with the working life is central to the implementation of the program. The studies will be completed in two academic years as both contact and online teaching. Teaching will be organized as full-time study. After completing the program, students are awarded a Master of Arts (Education) degree which enables them to continue their academic studies at doctoral level. This degree does not constitute a formal teaching qualification.
Learning, Education and Technology (LET) is a full-time two-year international Masters Program (120 ECTS credits). After completing the program, students are awarded a Master of Arts (Education) degree, which enables them to continue their academic studies at the doctoral level. This degree does not constitute a formal teaching qualification. The studies consist of language, communication, and orientation studies, major studies and minor studies, as well as multidisciplinary studies and other optional studies.
General Studies: Language, Communication, and Orientation Studies 5 ECTS
* Language Studies 2 ECTS
* Communication and Orientation Studies 3 ECTS
Minor Subject Studies: Introductory Studies in Educational Technology 25 ECTS
* Introduction to Learning and Educational Technology 6 ECTS
* Learning Theory and Pedagogical Use of Technology 7 ECTS
* Designing Technology-Enhanced Learning 6 ECTS
* Educational Projects 6 ECTS
Major Subject Studies: Advanced Studies in Educational Sciences 80 ECTS
* Self-Regulated Learning 7.5 ECTS
* Collaborative Learning 7.5 ECTS
* Expertise and Learning 7.5 ECTS
* Evaluating Technology-Enhanced Learning in Global School Systems 7.5 ECTS
* Research Methodology: Quantitative and Qualitative Research 10 ECTS
* Master's Thesis 40 ECTS
Optional Studies 10 ECTS
TOTAL 120 ECTS
The applicants must meet the following minimum terms:
a) Bachelor's degree or equivalent higher education degree; preference will be given to the applicants with a background in education or in humanities.
* Applicants with a background in other academic fields (e.g. information processing sciences, information studies, psychology, economics etc.) are eligible to apply as well.
* Applicants with a Bachelor's degree from a Finnish University of Applied Sciences (former Polytechnic) are eligible to apply as well.
b) Sufficient English language proficiency: The level of English language must be proved by the most internationally known language tests.
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||580|
|TOEFL internet-based test score:||92|
University of Oulu International Masters Scholarship Programme 2013-2014
The University of Oulu International Masters Scholarships provide scholarships to academically talented international students in architecture, business, economics, education, engineering, and sciences. The scholarship is aimed at students studying for a Masters degree in the University of Oulu two-year international Masters programmes. The scholarship is for one academic year and covers the full international tuition fee. The University of Oulu IM Scholarship does not cover living costs.
In order to retain the scholarship in the second year of study, a student must display excellent study results by the end of their first academic year. If a student does not achieve this requirement, they will be liable to pay the full international tuition fee if they wish to complete their Masters degree programme.
Eligibility Requirements to Apply for International Masters Scholarship
Applicants are eligible to apply for a University of Oulu IM Scholarship 2013-14, if they are:
* Non-EU/EEA citizens who do not have a permanent residence permit in Finland.
(Applicants not eligible for the International Masters Scholarship are: 1) non-EU/EEA citizens who have a permanent residence permit in Finland, 2) EU/EEA citizens or comparable persons, 3) University of Oulu students who have been accepted to study BEFORE the academic year 2012 13.)
* Eligible to apply for a Masters degree programme at the University of Oulu for academic year 2013 14.
* The applicant has obtained their first academic degree (Bachelors or equivalent) from a recognised institution of higher education.
* The applicant proves a high level of proficiency in English language. Approved methods of demonstrating language proficiency.
* Applicants who are in their last term/semester of studies during the application period, can apply for the scholarship. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of study placement for a Masters programme will receive a conditional scholarship offer.
The scholarship application will be processed in the selection procedure only if the applicant meets the admissions criteria.
Application for International Masters Scholarship 2013 14
There is no separate application for the International Masters Scholarship. All applicants for University of Oulu Masters degree programmes need to complete the Student Application Form. Those applicants who are applying for the University of Oulu International Masters Scholarship have to additionally complete the Application for Scholarship, which can be found at the end of the Student Application Form. The International Masters Scholarship application form cannot be completed and/or submitted without the Student Application Form.
Application period for the University of Oulu Masters degree programmes and International Masters Scholarship is 3.12.2012 31.1.2013.
Selection criteria for University of Oulu IM Scholarship 2013
Admissions and scholarships decisions will be taken at the same time. Those students successful in obtaining an International Masters Scholarship will be notified at the same time as their offer of admission to their International Masters programme is confirmed.
International Masters programmes in the scholarship scheme 2013 14
European Union / European Economic Area member states are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and United Kingdom. With the EU legislation, Switzerland is also comparable for EU member states.
he nature of residence permit is indicated in the residence permit with a letter. A permanent residence permit bears the letter P or A and an EC residence permit for third-country nationals with long-term EC resident status bears the letters P-EY.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.