|Application deadline:||January 31|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The Masters Degree Programme in Learning, Education and Technology (LET) educates experts in learning. The contents of the program are based on central and recent research in the learning sciences and technology-enhanced learning. The core of the education consists of three theoretical viewpoints: self-regulated learning, collaborative learning, and the learning of expertise. In addition, the program includes the exploration of the significance of learning and educational technologies in the working life and the society both now and in the future.
Graduates from the LET program are competent to work for example in professions such as teachers, educators, educational consultants, human resources developers, project leaders, coordinators, researchers, and administrators in both the private and public sectors.
Objectives - LET graduates are able to
* make use of the essential learning theories in the contexts of individual and collaborative learning, human resources, and life-long learning
* pedagogically evaluate different technologies in interaction, learning, and content production
* explain the process of self-regulated learning and develop their self-regulated and co-regulated learning skills
* explicate practical and theoretical means for learning expertise, and can monitor and reflect their progress to be an expert
* work collaboratively in different learning communities
* use research literature and research methods from the field of the learning sciences and educational technologies, as well as conduct scientific research combining learning and technology
* recognize the role of educational technology in the structures of the higher education institution, the working life and the society, and are able to take it into consideration in their own working life
Technology-enhanced individual and collaborative learning methods are used in the practical implementation of the LET program. The studies are implemented in collaboration with domestic and international research and teaching partners. In addition, collaboration with the working life is central to the implementation of the program. The studies will be completed in two academic years as both contact and online teaching. Teaching will be organized as full-time study. After completing the program, students are awarded a Master of Arts (Education) degree which enables them to continue their academic studies at doctoral level. This degree does not constitute a formal teaching qualification.
The programme educates experts in learning. The contents of the programme are based on central and recent research in the learning sciences and technology-enhanced learning. The core of the education consists of three theoretical viewpoints: self-regulated learning, collaborative learning, and the learning of expertise. In addition, the programme includes the exploration of the significance of learning and educational technologies in the working life and the society both now and in the future.
A successful applicant has obtained their first academic degree, normally a Bachelors degree or equivalent, from an institution of higher education. As a rule, the Bachelors degree is the lower academic degree. This degree should be equivalent of at least three years of full-time studies (180 ECTS).
Applicants graduating spring/second term 2014
Students who are on their last term/semester of Bachelors studies can apply to study for a Masters degree. Applicants with excellent academic records can be offered a conditional study placement.
Students are asked to state the expected date of graduation on the application form and provide the transcript of records with the other application documents.
In the case that the applicant is accepted for study, the applicant has to submit officially certified copies of his/her Bachelors degree certificate and the final transcript of records by 1 August 2014.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||580|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||92|