Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Medical Microbiology primarily deals with microorganisms which cause diseases in humans. The major working fields are the structures of bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites, growth properties of microorganisms, pathogenic strategies they develop, diagnostic approaches to infectious diseases and efficiency of antimicrobial agents used for therapy. These phenomena are studied using morphological methods based on optical microscopy, fluorescence microscopy and electron microscopy and various cultivation methods and molecular techniques.
The proposed Medical Microbiology Masters of Science Program at Koc University offers a comprehensive training to the graduates who are planning to work in the field of medical microbiology or continue to Doctor of Philosophy programs in the same area.
The candidates of the program with a Bachelor's Degree in Health Sciences and Natural Sciences are expected to be equipped with combination of theoretical knowledge and practical skills in laboratory methods and applications in the light of latest technological approaches.
Medical Microbiology Masters of Science Program includes minimum 7 courses with a total credit of 21, a seminar and a Thesis based on original, independent research.
* Ranan Gülhan AKTAS, M.D. Associate Professor of Histology & Embryology
* Oguz Kerim BASKURT, M.D, PhD. Professor of Physiology
* Füsun CAN, M.D. Associate Professor of Microbiology
* Yusuf Özgür ÇAKMAK, M.D, PhD, LiAc Associate Professor of Anatomy
* Safiye ÇAVDAR, PhD Professor of Anatomy
* Önder ERGÖNÜL, M.D., MPH Professor of Infectious Diseases and Public Health
* Dr. Nathan LACK Assistant Professor of Pharmacology
* Meltem MÜFTÜOGLU, PhD Assitant Professor of Biochemistry
* Özgür ÖKTEM, M.D. Associate Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology
* Arzu RUACAN, M.D. Professor of Pathology
* Sevket RUACAN, M.D., PhD. Professor of Pathology
* Ihsan SOLAROGLU, M.D. Associate Professor of Neurosurgery
* Kemal TÜRKER, BDS, PhD. Professor of Physiology
* Pekcan UNGAN, PhD. Professor of Biophysics
* Bülen URMAN, M.D. Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology
* BS or MS degree in Basic Sciences (biology, chemistry, biochemistry, or similar) or Health Sciences (medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, medical biology, molecular biology and genetics, physical therapy and rehabilitation, nutrition and dietetics, or similar).
* Aminimum score of 65 points in the Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education Test (ALES)
* Minimum TOEFL score of 80 in internet-based test, 213 in computer-based test or 550 in paper-based test.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||550|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||80|
Students admitted to MS programs with full scholarship will have the following offer:
Tuition waiver (33,500 TL/year)
1.150 TL monthly stipend
Free housing (including all costs except telephone expenses).
1. All students receive a laptop computer and private health insurance.
2. Students with successful standing receive travel funds to attend scientific conferences and meetings.
3. Students who receive their stipend from other sources (like TUBITAK scholarships or externally funded research grants and projects) are eligible for the following benefits provided by the university:
Research Award: 1,300 TL
Free Housing: This includes all costs except telephone expenses.