|Application deadline:||31 January 2015|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||August 2014, August 2015|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
As technology plays an ever increasing role in our daily life, it’s important to have professionals who have a deep understanding of how to develop and operate the most unobtrusive user interfaces for a wide variety of technological devices. In the Master's degree programme in Human-Technology Interaction in Tampere, Finland, you get a peek into the future from a front-row seat.
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This programme is offered in collaboration between the University of Tampere (UTA) and the Tampere University of Technology (TUT). Students can deepen their knowledge in course units that cover a wide range of topics from user experience and emotions to innovative use of facial behavior like gaze and expressions, touch, speech, and human physiology in user interfaces.
The programme leads the students to scientific thinking and writing as well as to hands-on work in various course projects.
Graduates' typical jobs include interaction or UX designer, usability specialist, researcher, user experience architect, and software developer.
Although the programme is available in essentially the same format at both universities it is recommended that those applicants mainly interested in interaction design, development of interactive software or research apply to UTA and those mainly interested in user experience apply to TUT. That way the majority of their course units will be organized by their home university.
* Coordinating School at UTA: School of Information Sciences
* Duration: two academic years
* Extent: 120 credits/ECTS credits
* Programme period: autumn semester 2015 (mid-August) - spring semester 2017 (May)
* Specialization at UTA: Interactive Technology
Students having completed the Master's Degree Programme in Human-Technology Interaction will
* know product development methods in theory and practice well enough to work independently in research and product development,
* know user interface design and software development methods well enough to work as a HTI specialist in product development.
Admission criteria at the University of Tampere
* A completed suitable university level Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Interactive Technology (HCI), Computer Science, Design, Education, Psychology, Sociology, or other relevant field with studies in human-computer interaction.
* A good knowledge of English for academic purposes.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||575|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|