|Application deadline:||31 January 2014|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||August 2014|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
As technology plays an ever increasing role in our daily life, it’s important to have professionals who have a deep understanding of how to develop and operate the most unobtrusive user interfaces for a wide variety of technological devices. In the Master's degree programme in Human-Technology Interaction in Tampere, Finland, you get a peek into the future from a front-row seat.
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This programme is offered in collaboration between the University of Tampere (UTA) and the Tampere University of Technology (TUT). Students can deepen their knowledge in course units that cover a wide range of topics from user experience and emotions to innovative use of facial behavior like gaze and expressions, touch, speech, and human physiology in user interfaces.
The programme leads the students to scientific thinking and writing as well as to hands-on work in various course projects. Students can specialize in Interaction Design and Research, Development of Interactive Software, or User Experience.
Graduates' typical jobs include interaction or UX designer, usability specialist, researcher, user experience architect, and software developer.
Although the programme is available in essentially the same format at both universities it is recommended that those applicants mainly interested in Interaction Design and Research and Development of Interactive Software apply to UTA and those mainly interested in User Experience Design and Evaluation apply to TUT. That way the majority of their course units will be organized by their home university.
* Coordinating School at UTA: School of Information Sciences
* Duration: two academic years
* Extent: 120 credits/ECTS credits
* Programme period: autumn semester 2014 (mid-August) - spring semester 2016 (May)
* Specialization at UTA: Interactive Technology
Students can specialize in one of three specialization options: 1) Interaction Design and Research, 2) Development of Interactive Software, and 3) User Experience.
Students having completed the Master's Degree Programme in Human-Technology Interaction will
* know product development methods in theory and practice well enough to work independently in research and product development,
* know user interface design and software development methods well enough to work as a HTI specialist in product development.
Admission criteria at UTA
* A completed suitable university level Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Interactive Technology (HCI), Computer Science, Design, Education, Psychology, Sociology, or other relevant field with studies in human-computer interaction. Applicants wishing to take the study line Development of Interactive Software should have studies also in software development.
* A good knowledge of English for academic purposes. For requirements please see the UTA Admissions webpage
* Candidates for admission should be well qualified and capable of benefiting from the programme of study.
* In addition, other relevant merits and qualifications may be taken into account
The School of Information Sciences may use interviews to assess the applicants. The interviews are mainly conducted by telephone, so please make sure you provide your personal telephone number in your University Admissions Finland application form. The interviews take place in March-April. Please note that only a selection of applicants are interviewed. Instructions for the interview will be sent by e-mail to the address provided by the applicant in the application form.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||575|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.