Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This programme is designed to enable you to further develop your knowledge of current health care at the depth and breadth appropriate to Masters level work. In planning the programme and its delivery, we have sought to create a student-centred, flexible programme that enables you to select modules that meet your individual learning needs, career aspirations and interests.
The scope and flexibility of the programme will appeal to individuals with a theoretical interest in health-related issues, and is particularly suited to those who are seeking a non-clinical programme of study. The programme is open to health care professionals or individuals with an interest in health.
The Health Studies Masters programme offers you:
* Flexible study which can be organised around your other commitments
* The support of a personal tutor and dissertation supervisor
* The chance to tailor the programme to your own individual learning needs
* A research led environment with opportunities for diverse dissertation projects
On completion of the Health Studies Masters programme you will be able to:
* Analyse critically a range of health related issues.
* Critically evaluate approaches and methodologies appropriate for researching theoretical and practical issues relating to practice
* Take responsibility for your own continuing professional development and demonstrate enhanced skills of self-appraisal, self-assessment and independence in your approach to learning
* Evaluate critically the dimensions of practice and organisation that characterise contemporary health care
* Examine critically the nature of multidisciplinary and interprofessional working in health care
* Formulate a justifiable research design, conduct an investigation and to produce a written report, worthy of academic scrutiny
You will take the following three mandatory modules.
* Developing Evidence Based Practice (20 credits)
* Advancing Practice through Personal and Professional Development (20 credits)
* Research Dissertation MSc only (60 credits)
In addition, you will choose four option modules to the value of 80 credits (subject to availability and viability).
For this programme, it is also possible to take relevant M Level modules from within the College. These would form part of the optional modules you are to choose as part of the MSc Health Studies programme. Our optional modules are each worth 20 credits, therefore, if you wish to take modules on offer within the College, these will also need to equate to 20 credits.
Optional Modules within Nursing and Physiotherapy (no pre-requisites)- please select 80 credits from the following 2 sets of options
* Current Issues in Health (20 credits)
* Project Management and Research Governance (20 credits)
* Work Based Continuous Professional Development (20 credits)
Optional Modules within Nursing and Physiotherapy (there may be pre-requisites you need to fulfil to choose these options)
* From Neurons to Society (20 credits)
* Specialist Neurological Rehabilitation 1: Cognitive Neuropsychological Basis of Practice (10 credits)
* Advanced Manipulative Physiotherapy 1
* Advanced Manipulative Physiotherapy 2
* Admission to the programme is on the basis that applicants will have a BSc/BA Honours degree or equivalent. (Evidence of equivalence of your qualification(s) to the UK educational system of awards can be found at The degree should normally be a first- or upper second-class Honours degree.
You will also need to submit the following documentation in support of your application:
* two academic/employer references in support of your application and professional and practical capabilities;
* transcripts of your degrees so far (certified and translated in to English if appropriate).
* IELTS 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any band.
* TOEFL Internet based 88 overall with no less than 21 in Reading, 20 in Listening, 22 in Speaking, 21 in Writing
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|200 (Grade A)|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||88|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!