|Application deadline:||You apply for this course through UKPASS.|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||90 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The MA in Education is designed for experienced teachers, lecturers and educational managers in primary, secondary and further and higher education, and for other professionals working in education. The course is concerned with the development of critical enquiry and reflection in the field of education, and the development of professional knowledge and expertise.
The modular structure enables you to design your course according to your particular areas of interest. The MA has a core of compulsory research-based modules to support your studies and to prepare you for the dissertation. In addition, you select modules from the optional module programme (overview of choices listed below).
Participants are either self-funded or supported by their employers, although international applicants are encouraged to seek funding from national or British Council sources.
All students complete two compulsory modules, four optional modules, and a dissertation equivalent to three modules. You have the opportunity to follow a specialist pathway in either:
* Curriculum Innovation, Change and School Improvement
* Leadership and Management
* TESOL (Teaching English as a Second or Other Language)
The School of Education at Oxford Brookes is one of the largest Schools of education in the UK, combining high quality teaching and significant research and consultancy activity in an outstanding location, with superb sporting, recreational and study facilities.
As a Postgraduate student you will be joining a University which is widely regarded as a major contibutor to the improvement of education and learning, locally and nationally. The School of Education is a focal point for lively, informed debate on education through its seminar and lecture programmes, including the high profile Oxford Education debates. We are proud to be co-sponsors of the Oxford Academy, a community secondary school, where Oxford Brookes staff and students provide practical support to pupils and teaching staff.
We work in close partnership with hundreds of schools and colleges and other organisations.
Our 110-acre Harcourt Hill campus offers all the benefits of a complete academic community on one site. We have all the facilities that you'd expect from a University like Oxford Brookes but its the people that really make the School of Education such a great place to study. You will be working with highly regarded academics who are at the forefront of their subjects. Drawing on our cutting-edge, research-led teaching, our courses will advance your knowledge and develop your professional skills. Academics work alongside students from a wide range of backgrounds, and with the support of a caring and efficient administrative staff, provide a rich and diverse intellectual and social environment.
Full-time: 12 months
Part-time: Three years
The MA course is based on the completion of a compulsory element, plus optional modules.
* Reflective Professional Development aims to develop your reflective practice and provide you with an opportunity for systematic review of your progress, helping you to explore and document the coherence and progression of your experience of the course.
* Educational Research will enable you to develop knowledge of a range of research approaches, methods and techniques and to consider ethics in educational research. You will have an opportunity to develop your research skills through preparatory work for the dissertation.
* The Dissertation will involve a piece of investigative research and will comprise approximately one third of your degree work. Your dissertation will focus on a research problem of interest to you. It need not be based in an educational setting and may be literature based, but should be relevant to educational concerns.
Core modules for the Leadership and Management pathway are:
* Leading and Managing People in Education brings together a range of themes and concerns in the management of staff in educational organisations. Drawing on national and international examples, it combines theoretical perspectives with practical concerns about staff management and development.
* Leading Change in Education builds on the experience of course members as observers of, and participants in, the management of change in the education sector. It combines a wide range of theories and research into organisational transformation in education, together with implications for practice.
This MA course attracts students from a wide range of backgrounds and nationalities, normally graduates with a recognised teaching qualification, or other educational professional experience.
Applicants normally have:
* a good honours degree or pass degree
* QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) or other equivalent professional qualification
* relevant professional experience.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|193 (Grade B)|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||78|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!