|Application deadline:||January 15|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014, January 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This course will prepare IT practitioners for a senior management position within an IT department. It concentrates on proven management techniques to achieve optimum use of all resources and increase your awareness of current IT technologies and methodologies.
This course will:
* enable you to demonstrate a systematic understanding of knowledge and critical awareness of current issues relating to the IT industry
* provide you with the intellectual competencies to pursue personal career goals and aspirations
* enable you to identify personal strengths and weaknesses, and to define personal performance targets in terms of leadership style and managerial effectiveness
* enhance inter-personal skills and encourage the development of leadership qualities
* define the goals, parameters and methodology of research and development activity related to IT management, and implement and evaluate this activity.
* A Virtual Test Environment for Business Processes (30 credits)
* IT Infrastructures (30 credits)
* Managing People and Finance in an Advanced Technology Business (30 credits)
* Research Methods (15 credits)
* Secure Systems (15 credits)
* Postgraduate Major Project (60 credits)
A broad range of assessment methods will be used, measuring all aspects of your understanding and skill application. These will include written assignments, laboratory practice, presentations and a major project based dissertation. Recognising that this course relies heavily on knowledge and practical skills, there will be a significant emphasis on laboratory based assignments.
An honours degree (2:2 or above) in a Computing/IT subject; no work experience is required. If this qualification requirement is not met, an applicant may be accepted with an honours degree (2:2 or above) in any other subject if it is combined with relevant professional work experience.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||600|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.