|Application deadline:||January 15|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||January 2015, September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This course will develop the knowledge, understanding and professional abilities of graduate engineers and practitioners of civil engineering, together with advanced capabilities and engineering skills to enhance their career as a civil engineer. It has been designed to develop a comprehensive understanding of the role of the civil engineer, to develop and implement recognised and innovative approaches to civil engineering in the context of the broad range of organisations and projects that occur in the built environment.
The course aims to satisfy the civil engineering needs of the construction industry and to meet the requirements of the professional institution in terms of academic content appropriate for Chartered Membership.
* Analytical Techniques (15 credits)
* Conceptual Design (15 credits)
* Environmental Geotechnics (15 credits)
* Foundation Design Engineering (15 credits)
* Forensic Engineering (15 credits)
* Production Management (15 credits)
* Research Design and Methods (15 credits)
* Sustainability and Environmental Management (15 credits)
* Major Project/Dissertation (60 credits)
Assessment methods are diverse to reflect the needs of the course. However, students can expect to be assessed by assignment, case study, examinations, group work, and presentation.