Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||January 15|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||January 2014, September 2014|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
This course provides a combination of theory and practical application which is relevant to international legal practice and business in the context of advanced intellectual engagement with issues in law and legal theory. It also considers law in relation to associated disciplines such as international governance and international environmental issues. Completion of this course will provide you with the necessary background and legal expertise for international practice, academic research and other intellectually demanding roles.
The LLM is available at our Cambridge campus as a one-year, full-time, taught degree completed by a supervised dissertation.
The course is divided into three periods:
For September starters:
* In the first semester (September to December) there are two 15-credit core modules and one 30-credit optional module.
* In the second semester (January to June) two 15-credit core modules are studied plus one 30-credit optional module.
* During the summer, independent research is undertaken for the dissertation, worth 60 credits.
For January starters:
* In the first semester (January to June) there are two 15-credit core modules and one 30-credit optional module.
* In the second semester (September to December) two 15-credit core modules are studied plus one 30-credit optional module.
* At the end of the course, independent research is undertaken for the dissertation, worth 60 credits.
Key reasons to study our LLM International Business Law at Anglia Law School
* Cambridge is a world famous academic centre, 45 minutes from London by train.
* Study in an International context with students from the UK and around the world.
* Scholarships for international students
* September or January start available
* Lecturers with UK and International legal experience.
* Active engagement in research supported by our International Law Unit
* An excellent Employability and Careers Service that will help you find the right training placement and make the transition into practice
* Business Law in the Global Context
* International Trade Law
* International Law Research
* Dispute Resolution
* Competition Law in the International Context
* International Governance
* Comparative Company Law
* Current Legal Issues in the International Business Arena
* Commercial Law
Please note that availability of optional modules is subject to sufficient demand.
You will be assessed each semester. All modules are assessed using a variety of forms. The method of assessment will be explained at the start of each module. Assessment may be by a term paper, seminar performance, unseen problem, a timed paper or oral presentation. Each assessment will be marked as a percentage.
Successful students will graduate with a distinction, merit or pass in accordance with Anglia Ruskin University's Assessment Regulations.
2:2 degree in law or a degree with a substantial amount of law e.g. Business Studies or Accountancy. Suitably qualified applicants include those with: an undergraduate degree in Law or a graduate law conversion course (eg. GDL/CPE) or a professional qualification in Law or an undergraduate degree which includes substantial elements of Law eg BA (Hons) Business; Accountancy: or social policy or CRIC pre-masters course. Candidates for whom English is not a first language will be expected to demonstrate a certified level of proficiency of at least IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
|CAE score:||60 (Grade C)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||600|
|TOEFL computer-based test score:||250|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.