|Application deadline:||January 15|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||January 2015, September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||18 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Our MSc in International Finance will develop your skills and knowledge in finance-related tasks and activities, for use within international organisations. This area of expertise is vitally needed in a period of increasing uncertainty in global financial markets. You will have gained a degree of knowledge in general business through your undergraduate studies and/or subsequent work experience. Our course will develop your business acumen, concentrating on the analytical, communication, critique and evaluation skills required within the field of international finance. Interactive and innovative teaching methods will be oriented towards the development of your active participation.
Personal and organisational benefits include:
* transferable skills: presentation and communication, and negotiation and persuasion
* intercultural skills
* in-depth understanding of the importance of international finance within global businesses
* synergies and conflicts with other functions or business areas
* analytical skills
* career progression.
Additional course information
Our MSc in International Finance is designed to combine both academic and practice-based views on international finance and associated aspects of international management. Our course enables MSc International Finance graduates to:
* develop knowledge, skills and awareness appropriate for those working in an international finance context;
* demonstrate the ability to transfer the international finance knowledge and related methodologies to other aspects of international business and management;
* gain a thorough insight into contemporary research and cutting-edge practice within the field of international finance and associated management practices;
* develop considerable autonomy in their individual learning and enhance their ability to work in inter-cultural teams;
* demonstrate self-direction and autonomy in research and scholarship in the field of international finance.
Our MSc in International Finance connects with the world of business and financial practice, therefore preparing students for international finance-related tasks and positions. The assessment mechanisms to be used on our course will hone and develop key transferable skills, alongside developing content expertise.
Core modules: PG Cert
* Contexts of International Finance
* International Accounting
* International Financial Markets
* Either: International Business Environment
Core modules: PG Dip
* International Corporate Finance
* Venture Capital and Private Equity
* Portfolio, Foreign Exchange and Interest Rate Management
* Either: Management Theory into Management Practice: Global Perspectives
Core modules: MSc
* Research Methods for Managers in an International Context
* Major Project
Assessment is mainly through written assignments, reports, portfolios, business simulations and presentations. They can be completed either as part of a group or on an individual basis.