|Application deadline:||January 15|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015, January 2016|
|Duration full-time:||18 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The MSc in Marketing Management Practice is an innovative new course at our Lord Ashcroft International Business School, designed to meet the growing demand in both international and corporate markets for a core degree in the 'practice of management', specialising in marketing management practice.
This course will support the development of management practitioners (not just business graduates) who, through their academic studies, practice-based learning and experience, are able to gain both generic and context-specific skills, competencies and knowledge which will support 'confident futures' in management within regional, national and international business organisations.
* enable you to demonstrate knowledge, understanding and critical analysis of the personal, managerial and organisational challenges of real world management practices, with particular focus on marketing management practices
* develop your skills, as a business graduates, to be adept at both the theory and practice of management within both academic and organisational contexts through a practice-based approach to the study of management
* develop your analytical and reflective abilities as an independent learner, and a critically reflective management practitioner
* promote the development of intellectual capability, personal, academic and commercial skills, and your creative thinking in order that your can generate original solutions to management problems in an organisational context
* develop insights, critical thinking and management skills through exposure to the theory and practice of business and management in order to widen your perspective beyond your immediate management role and/or organisation
* enhance your employability as a marketing management practitioner.
Core modules: PG Cert
* Management Theory into Practice
* The Reflective Practitioner
Core modules: PG Dip
* Action Learning for Managers
Core modules: MSc
* Major Project
* Management Practice Portfolio
* Challenges of Management in Practice
* Buyer Behaviour
* Internet Marketing
* Marketing Communications
* Marketing Design and Innovation
* Marketing in the Public Sector
* Marketing Research
* Strategic Marketing Management
* Marketing Management
* Marketing in a Global Context
Assessment reflects management practice in the work environment and includes assignments, presentations, reflective portfolios and Personal Development Plans (PDP), all related to management practice in real organisations. There are no formal examinations.
There will be two types of assessment, formative and summative. Summative assessment (which will contribute to the final degree) will include:
* assignments-individual and group, reports, essays, tests and presentations
* portfolio including performative/patchwork text/artefacts and work-based/action learning tools
* group and individual presentations
* learning logbook.
The aim is to maintain flexibility and to employ a wide range of methods.
The summative assessment for the compulsory modules will be adequately spaced out to allow students to plan their work.
Formative assessment will take place during the semester, but the requirements are more flexible and will be less time consuming.
Integration of learning across modules is achieved through integrative assessments such as portfolios.
For those on the work-based and hybrid modes, the work-based learning methodologies/interventions will be drawn upon for completion of the assessment.
Teaching will include a wide range of approaches, including lecture, seminar, video and case studies.
* Normally, entrants will be expected to hold a 1st degree at a minimum of lower second class honours in business or a related discipline;
* Holders of other awards, including those from non-UK universities will be considered on the equivalence of their qualifications;
* Candidates who do not meet any of these entry criteria, but can demonstrate appropriate relevant experience in a post of management or professional responsibility may be admitted if, in the opinion of the admissions tutor, they are capable of profiting from and contributing to the pathway.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||600|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!