Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||January 15|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||January 2014, September 2014|
|Duration full-time:||18 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
The MSc in Marketing Management Practice is an innovative new course at our Lord Ashcroft International Business School, designed to meet the growing demand in both international and corporate markets for a core degree in the 'practice of management', specialising in marketing management practice.
This course will support the development of management practitioners (not just business graduates) who, through their academic studies, practice-based learning and experience, are able to gain both generic and context-specific skills, competencies and knowledge which will support 'confident futures' in management within regional, national and international business organisations.
* enable you to demonstrate knowledge, understanding and critical analysis of the personal, managerial and organisational challenges of real world management practices, with particular focus on marketing management practices
* develop your skills, as a business graduates, to be adept at both the theory and practice of management within both academic and organisational contexts through a practice-based approach to the study of management
* develop your analytical and reflective abilities as an independent learner, and a critically reflective management practitioner
* promote the development of intellectual capability, personal, academic and commercial skills, and your creative thinking in order that your can generate original solutions to management problems in an organisational context
* develop insights, critical thinking and management skills through exposure to the theory and practice of business and management in order to widen your perspective beyond your immediate management role and/or organisation
* enhance your employability as a marketing management practitioner.
Core modules: PG Cert
* Management Theory into Practice
* The Reflective Practitioner
Core modules: PG Dip
* Action Learning for Managers
Core modules: MSc
* Major Project
* Management Practice Portfolio
* Challenges of Management in Practice
* Buyer Behaviour
* Internet Marketing
* Marketing Communications
* Marketing Design and Innovation
* Marketing in the Public Sector
* Marketing Research
* Strategic Marketing Management
* Marketing Management
* Marketing in a Global Context
Assessment reflects management practice in the work environment and includes assignments, presentations, reflective portfolios and Personal Development Plans (PDP), all related to management practice in real organisations. There are no formal examinations.
There will be two types of assessment, formative and summative. Summative assessment (which will contribute to the final degree) will include:
* assignments-individual and group, reports, essays, tests and presentations
* portfolio including performative/patchwork text/artefacts and work-based/action learning tools
* group and individual presentations
* learning logbook.
The aim is to maintain flexibility and to employ a wide range of methods.
The summative assessment for the compulsory modules will be adequately spaced out to allow students to plan their work.
Formative assessment will take place during the semester, but the requirements are more flexible and will be less time consuming.
Integration of learning across modules is achieved through integrative assessments such as portfolios.
For those on the work-based and hybrid modes, the work-based learning methodologies/interventions will be drawn upon for completion of the assessment.
Teaching will include a wide range of approaches, including lecture, seminar, video and case studies.
* Normally, entrants will be expected to hold a 1st degree at a minimum of lower second class honours in business or a related discipline;
* Holders of other awards, including those from non-UK universities will be considered on the equivalence of their qualifications;
* Candidates who do not meet any of these entry criteria, but can demonstrate appropriate relevant experience in a post of management or professional responsibility may be admitted if, in the opinion of the admissions tutor, they are capable of profiting from and contributing to the pathway.
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||600|
|TOEFL computer-based test score:||250|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.