Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Are you a teacher already in Secondary Education? Or are you about to start your career in the secondary phase? Would you like to develop professionally so that your practice is more effective and satisfying?
The new school-based Masters of Teaching and Learning is:
* A Masters award that will extend your knowledge, understanding, skills and abilities in teaching.
* Practice-based, focused on the classroom and school
* Supported by coaches in your school and Higher Education tutors.
* Aligned with PGCE awards, so you could bring Masters level credits from these on to this Masters Award
* An award that has been developed for Anglia Ruskin University by MTL East - a consortium of four universities and 15 schools, covering 26 local authorities in the East of England region.
What are the benefits?
As a participant in this programme you will benefit from:
* Continuing sustained professional development focusing on needs identified by you at different stages of your career.
* Deepening your understanding of practice to improve it.
* Becoming an extended professional able to develop practice through enquiry and research
* Being one of the first to gain this innovative Masters degree
* Leading the way to a Masters level profession.
Additional course information
The Masters in Teaching and Learning covers four core content areas:
* teaching and learning
* subject knowledge
* how children and young people develop
* leadership and management
In Phase 1 you will develop your professional learning as a practitioner or trainee practitioner. Phase 2 will broaden and embed your professional knowledge and skills. In Phase 3 you will be able to deepen your professional learning by specialising in specific subjects according to your own interests and personal learning needs. The whole programme should take less than three years to complete.
* Reflecting on Professional Practice
* Developing Professional Enquiry Skills
* Teaching and Learning Personalisation and Assessment for Learning
* Subject Knowledge, Curriculum, Curriculum Development
* Children and Young People's Development and Inclusion
* Leadership and Management, Working with Others
* Professional Practice Enquiry 1
* Professional Practice Enquiry 2
Anglia Ruskin University will be responsible for assessing and awarding your Masters of Teaching and Learning. Your work is assessed for each of the eight modules, on a Pass or Fail basis. Assessment strategies are flexible and personalised, including: presentation with discussion; essay; action research; case study; creating and reflecting on a portfolio of evidence.
Degree classification required for entry: 2.2 (exceptional variations may be permitted). Other requirements: QTS. Applicants will be Newly Qualified Teachers, experienced practitioners, middle/senior leaders in Secondary Schools. CRB disclosure needed.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||600|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.