|Application deadline:||January 15|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015, January 2016|
|Duration full-time:||13 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This course has been developed in response to the need for personnel equipped to design, configure and manage networks within an enterprise-wide computer network infrastructure. It aims to offer you the opportunity to use your graduate skills in a challenging area of technology, whilst providing you with the necessary skills to enter an expanding and rapidly developing area of the job market.
This course will:
* demonstrate a systematic understanding and a critical awareness of current issues relating to the field of study of network
* design, configure and manage computer networks within the constraints of an autonomous system comprising Local and Wide Area Networks
* configure and deploy network tools to effectively manage an organisation's computer network
* define the goals, parameters and methodology of a research and development activity related to network management, and implement and evaluate it
* during your studies you will design and implement complex, enterprise-wide computer networks, configure and deploy network management tools to assess network performance, and develop skills in managing staff and resources.
* IT Infrastructures (30 credits)
* Advanced Computer Networks 1 (30 credits)
* Advanced Computer Networks 2 (30 credits)
* Advanced Network Security (30 credits)
* Secure Systems (15 credits)
* Research Methods (15 credits)
* Postgraduate Major Project (60 credits)
On successful completion of this course you will be able to:
* demonstrate an in-depth understanding of, and the suitability and applicability of, network protocols and security policies within a campus network environment
* devise strategies to analyse and evaluate network performance
* analyse and evaluate the role of security management within an information system
* identify the legislation relevant to IT practice and understand the implications of non-compliance
* demonstrate an awareness of current research and developments within the discipline
* recognise your obligations to function in a professional, moral and ethical way
* synthesize novel solutions to network design from a knowledge of current tools, methodologies and strategies
* critically survey current and recent practice in the networking field, identifying examples of best practice and generalising from them
* demonstrate the ability to manage a project through its life cycle
* define the goals, parameters and methodology of a research and development activity.
A broad range of assessment methods will be used, measuring all aspects of your understanding and skill application. These will include written assignments, laboratory practice, presentations and a Major Project-based Dissertation. Recognising that this course relies heavily on knowledge and practical skills, there will be a significant emphasis on laboratory-based assignments.
An honours degree (2:2 or above) in a Computing/IT subject; no work experience is required. If this qualification requirement is not met, an applicant may be accepted with an honours degree (2:2 or above) in any other subject if it is combined with relevant professional work experience.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||600|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.