|Application deadline:||January 15|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||January 2015, September 2015, January 2016|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This course will develop your knowledge and skills in the fields of the environment, sustainability and management, and provide you with the specialist knowledge and skills you need to understand and manage sustainability in the built environment.
It is for built environment graduates and professionals, as well as those from the social sciences, environmental sciences and management, who work in relation to, or have an interest in, the built environment. It is for those who wish to enter, or develop, a career in sustainable construction and its management.
This course provides the management and organisational basis, plus the technological skills, to undertake the effective management of projects to meet the challenges of a sustainable built environment.
This course will:
* develop your ability to think critically and independently about sustainable construction problems and to deal effectively with uncertainty in the pursuit of problem solving
* enable you to understand the technical, economic, legal and organisational aspects of construction and the nature of the boundary relationships that exist
* enable you to appreciate the significance of the built environment to the wider environment and the economy and society as a whole
* provide you with an understanding of the requirements of professional practice and to ensure you develop a clear sense of professional identity
* enable you to develop a proactive approach to learning and a critically analytical approach to knowledge through the exploration of current issues and problems
* encourage you to develop expertise in the practise of your chosen profession.
Additional course information
The course has a strong management basis to the specialist modules that develop a comprehensive understanding of the environmental technology, issues and policies involved in the built environment and sustainable construction. These are supported by modules that will enable you to implement sustainability into construction projects and to manage the design, technology and organisation through to a successful conclusion. Emphasis is placed on the development of the knowledge and skills to identify and implement innovative organisational and technological solutions to the challenges created by sustainable construction.
* Economic, Legal and Political Framework (15 credits)
* Environmental Management Issues and Policies (15 credits)
* Environmental Management Systems (15 credits)
* Management Theory and Management Practice (15 credits each)
* Research Design and Methods (15 credits)
* Design Methods for Sustainable Buildings (15 credits)
* Sustainable Energy (15 credits)
* Dissertation (60 credits)
Assessment is diverse to reflect the scope and aims of our course. You can expect to be assessed by a combination of assignments, case studies, examinations, group work and presentations.
ONE OF THE FOLLOWING: An appropriate Honours degree (2:2 or above); OR membership at an appropriate level of a recognised construction institution such as RIBA, RICS, CIOB, ICE. Applications from those with a non-cognate honours degree (2:1 or above) together with relevant post graduate working experience will be considered on an individual basis. Applicants may be invited for interview.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||600|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.