|Application deadline:||1 april|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Partnership:|| Erasmus Mundus Scholarship |
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The EWEM - European Wind Energy Master aims to educate 120-150 MSc graduates per year in Wind Energy technology, covering the top 1-2% global demand of Wind Energy professionals with post-graduate education. The study is an MSc degree in engineering, lasting two years, where students are awarded a double-degree in engineering from two of the host institutions.
The European Wind Energy Master consortium is composed of four Universities, world leaders in Wind Energy and Offshore Wind Energy research and education:
* Delft University of Technology
* Technical University of Denmark
* Norwegian University of Science and Technology
* Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg
What is required to be considered for admission to an MSc programme? Please note: if you do not meet all the formal requirements, it is no use applying.
1)A. A good university Bachelor's degree in a main subject closely related to the MSc programme to which you are applying, with good grades on the key courses.
orB. A proof that you have nearly completed a Bachelor's programme in a main subject which is closely related to the MSc programme to which you are applying, with good grades on the key courses.
Exceptions: Management of Technology, Engineering and Policy Analysis and Science Education & Communication, to which all students holding any Bachelors of technology or science / engineering degree may be admitted.
2)A Bachelor's Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 75% of the scale maximum, unless specific requirements are defined for the country in which you obtained your Bachelors degree:
* Countries A - H
* Countries I - P
* Countries Q - Z
Please note: if you have not graduated yet your CGPA must meet the requirements at the time of application.
3)Proof of English language proficiency
Only nationals from the USA, U.K., Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and Canada are exempt from the proof of English language proficiency requirement. Applicants who obtained a bachelors degree in one of the mentioned countries, are also exempt from the proof of English language proficiency requirement.
Certificates older than two years are not accepted. As the whole process of collecting information, registering for the tests and receiving the test results may take several months, we advise you to register for the IELTS or TOEFL several months before starting your application.
It is allowed to send us a copy of your test results, please check the application documents for detailed information.
* For EU/EFTA nationals, the English language certificate may be submitted until 1 July provided that all other required hard copy documents are received before the application deadline of 1 April.
* Nationals of the Peoples Republic of China only: for visa purposes you need a Nuffic certificate as proof of your English language proficiency. In order to obtain the Nuffic certificate you will need to take the IELTS or TOEFL internet-based test.
4)A clear and relevant essay in English (1,000 - 2,000 words) addressing the following:Your motivation for taking the MSc programme of your choice.
* Your motivation for taking the MSc programme of your choice.
* Why you wish to pursue this programme abroad and/or in the Netherlands in particular.
* Why you are interested in TU Delft and what you expect to find here
* If there are optional specialisations in the Masters programme of your choice: which specialisation(s) interest you most, and why?
* Describe your hypothetical thesis project; what kind of a projectwould you prefer if you were free to make a choice? Also briefly explain what you would want to explore in your thesis project. Provide a maximum of three hypothetical thesis topics and elaborate on your particular interests in them.
* A brief summary (maximum 250 words) of the thesis work or the final assignment (to be) done for your Bachelors programme, including information on the credits earned, grade, and full workload.
5)Two reference letters in English, French, German or Dutch:
* one from from a professor or an assistant professor from the faculty from which you graduated.
* one from your employer, if you already have work experience.
If you have not yet graduated or do not have work experience, you need to provide two letters from professors or assistant professors from the faculty at which you are studying.
6)An extensive résumé (curriculum vitae) written in English.
7)Proof of identity
8)Please note:Applicants for Architecture Urbanism & Building Sciences, Design for Interaction, Integrated Product Design and Strategic Product Design are required to upload a digital portfolio. Please note that only uploaded portfolios will be processed. The programme specific portfolio requirements are described on the following pages:
* portfolio requirements for Architecture Urbanism & Building Sciences (and its five tracks)
* portfolio requirements for Design for Interaction
* portfolio requirements for Integrated Product Design
* Portfolio requirements for Strategic Product Design
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IETLS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|60 (Grade C)|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|
Besides Erasmus Mundus there are many other scholarships available. It is your own responsibility toarrange this. We can only provide support for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship.To help you start, here we give you some sites that can help you in your search.
Note: this list is not exclusive, it does not present all the opportunities. You should also look forscholarships awarded by your local or national authorities and search the web extensively for otherpossibilities. It is not always easy to find, but can be very rewarding!
General search engines for scholarships.
Specific scholarships concerning sustainability