Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||as early as possible|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2013|
|Credits:|| 60 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
This programme provides you with a good understanding of modern Spanish and Spanish- American society. It consists of two parts: a literary element, which is taught in conjunction with the MA in Hispanic and Comparative Literature, and a cultural element which is a distinctive part of this MA. We teach all subject options in Spanish, but accept written work in both English and Spanish.
* Duration: Two years part-time.
* Start: September.
* Three of the following Hispanic Literature and Culture modules: From Pure to Committed
* Literature; History and Memory; Modern Spanish Art, Music and Popular Culture; Myth, Image, Fashion and Propaganda in the Cuban Revolutionary Era; National and Regional Consciousness in Modern Spanish Literature; Spanish Cinema; Classical Myths; The European Avant-Garde in Literature, Art and Film; European Tales of the Fantastic; Psychoanalysis and Literature; Studies in Autobiography; Women Writers and the Family in 20th-Century Literature.
* You may choose one further module from SECL-taught programmes
* Dissertation of 10-12,000 words
Assessment is by 4-6,000 words of written work per module, and the dissertation.
A first or 2.1 in a relevant subject (eg Hispanic Studies) or equivalent and a good working level of Spanish.
|CAE score:||75(Grade B)|
University Academic School and Centre Scholarships
All University Academic Schools and Centres offer scholarships for postgraduate study. These vary from a one-off payment of a few hundred pounds to tuition fees at the home rate and/or maintenance payments at the same rate as the Research Councils.
* American Studies
* Anthropology and Conservation
* Brussels School of International Studies
* Durrell Institute of Conservation and Ecology (DICE)
* Engineering and Digital Arts
* European Culture and Languages
* Kent Business School
* Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science
* Medieval and Early Modern Studies
* Music and Audio
* Politics and International Relations
* Physical Sciences
* Professional Practice
* Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research
* Sport and Exercise Sciences
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test