|Application deadline:||October 2015|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The courses in this program have the objective of developing solid technical knowledge and methodologies for the accounting and financial professions. Educational activities aim to facilitate interpretation of the economic and social environment.
This MSc places particular emphasis on the processes of financial communication within and outside the firm, the design of modern management information systems for planning and control, and the use of models and methodologies for financial analysis to support strategies aimed at generating value in the long run.
Learning ObjectivesThe Master of Science in Accounting, financial management and control has the following educational objectives:
* provide advanced studies to allow a complete understanding of accounting and financial statements, corporate finance , planning and managerial accounting;
* develop the skills and competence in management in order to discuss and interact with managers in different business sectors, with financial markets and with company and tax law professionals;
* complete the preparation in the business field providing competences in economics, quantitative and juridical, so as to develop problem analysis skills in interdisciplinary areas;
* develop competences via educational activities inside and outside the classroom which promote student-teacher interaction and interaction between the students themselves as well as developing problem analysis skills, problem solving skills, ability to present and discuss the results of ones work;
* promote competence (in the business area) in the use of English and of a second EU language to work effectively and efficiently in ones profession.
Career OpportunitiesThe main career path, though not the only one, is that of Chief Financial Officer in manufacturing, commercial and service firms as well as in financial institutions. More specifically, the main entrance areas are represented by the following:
* Activities as accountants, management accountants and controllers in various kinds of firms, with roles in the areas of financial statement preparation and analysis, investor relations, corporate finance, internal control, planning and the design of performance measurement and control systems
* Activities related to accounting, corporate finance and control in management consulting firms, auditing companies and in other consulting organizations that support customers in designing accounting information systems and in managing extraordinary operations such as mergers and acquisitions
Program structureCourses serve two functions. One important objective is to consolidate and develop the basic knowledge needed for operating in the field of accounting, corporate finance, planning and management control and auditing at a high professional level. The other key purpose is to provide competencies essential for scanning and interpreting the social and economic environment. The 24 credits of elective courses are aimed to specialize and are selected by the student either freely or within the following areas of major:
* Accounting and Financial Reporting;
* Corporate Finance and Financial Management;
* Planning and Control;
Students choose a foreign language based on the graduate program instruction language and on their native language (which cannot be chosen as a foreign language). In classes taught in English, in order to get the language credits required for the degree, international students must study Italian plus another European language to be chosen from among French, German, Spanish, Portuguese or also English.
Native Italian speakers must study two other European languages. Please note that the course requirements may be subject to change.
Program structureFirst year
Semester I * Data analysis
* Financial reporting and international accounting
* Financial management and financial markets
* Corporate governance
Semester II * Fair value accounting, reporting and valuation
* Macroeconomic trends
* Performance measurement and control systems
* Business law (selected corporate and tax issues in management and internal auditing) and public finance
* First foreign language (lessons only)
* Second foreign language (lessons only)
Second year * 4 elective courses (major or free track)
* First language (lessons + exam 1st semester 2nd year)
* Second language (lessons + exam 1st semester 2nd year)
* Internship or similar activities
Total credit points 120
Applicants can enter the selection process if they acquire/have acquired a valid and recognized 1st cycle qualification (Undergraduate level) by October 2015 (or in any case by the first graduation session after the summer break).
The categories of applicants vary depending on the location of the University.
In details, there are three different types of applicants:
Graduates and final-year undergraduate students from universities abroad are considered International applicants.
Preferential consideration is given to applicants whose undergraduate work is still underway or was concluded less than two years prior to the moment of application. Applicants with other profiles are considered subsequently.
Bocconi Graduates and final-year undergraduate students are considered Bocconi Applicants.
For Bocconi applicants, no checks are required regarding clearing additional educational debits as they originate from Università Bocconis Economics department and admissions deems elements for verification to include meeting the curricular requirements and suitability of personal background. Approximately 65% of the total available spots are made available to Bocconi applicants and, in particular, up a maximum of 60% of available spots in the early session.
Graduates and final-year undergraduate students from other Italian universities (not Bocconi) are considered Italian applicants. Please visit the Italian website for more information and verify there the application deadlines for Italian applicants.
We specify that:
* Only for English-language class groups, up to 30% of places available are reserved for applicants of non-Italian citizenship (regardless of where they completed their undergraduate studies)
* Students enrolled in a Double Degree program should participate in admissions according to the first University of enrollment. For example: students enrolled in a Russian University for a Double Degree program with an Italian University should participate in the admissions process as an INTERNATIONAL Applicant
* Graduate or transfer applicants from other foreign or Italian MSc Programs may participate in any session of the selection process according to the applicants' category. After the admission they must follow specific criteria in order to ask for the recognition of credits/exams already passed.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!