|Application deadline:||EEA Sep 14|
|Tuition fee:||Not specified|
|Start date:||October 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||90 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This masters degree (to be confirmed for 2012/13) will:
* introduce you to the field of social pedagogy, its concepts and principles, and current theories about social pedagogic ways of working with children
* critically explore the life circumstances of children, including those in public care, and the implications for professional practice with children
* investigate new ways of understanding communication and interpersonal relationships.
This masters degree provides the opportunity to:
* study a programme that is unique in the UK
* develop your critical analytical skills to improve your professional practice
* critique existing research and undertake your own research in related areas
* enhance your understanding of sociological and social pedagogic theories and concepts of childhood and children's services, including an emphasis on children's participation and rights
* gain knowledge of the rights and responsibilities of people concerned with the care, education, health, welfare, advocacy or control of children and young people
* take part in a student exchange that will look at Danish approaches to social pedagogy.
Interested in finding out more? Why not come along to our open evening, Tuesday 11 September, 5pm-7pm in central London? For further information and to book your place, please visit ioe.ac.uk/open
* Theories, concepts and principles of social pedagogy
* Communication, learning and social pedagogic relationships
* Researching childhood
* Children's rights
* Cognitive learning and development
* Literacy development
* Management and contemporary issues in early years
* Multicultural and multilingual London
* Atypical development
Length of programme
One year full-time; part-time options are available.
Face-to-face daytime and evening sessions and some full-day blocks
How are you assessed?
By coursework assignments and a 20,000-word dissertation or 10,000-word report.
A good first degree in social science, education or cultural studies, humanities or a related field, plus professional experience of working with and for children and families, especially those living in disadvantaged circumstances.
Proficiency in English requirements
For all masters programmes, if your first language is not English, the Institute will need proof of your proficiency in English (IELTS 7.0 - 6.0 writing, 6.5 reading; TOEFL 650 - paper, 280 - computer, 114 - internet; or Cambridge Certificate in the Proficiency of English Grade A or B).
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||650|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||114|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!