|Application deadline:||15 January|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Special features of the programme: * Project-based learning
* Archaeological Field School at the Viking Age site of Uppåkra
* A wide range of courses with direct link to our professors current research projects, like Buildings as Archaeology, Digital Archaeology With Focus on GIS and Virtual Reality.
Career prospectsAfter graduating from this programme you will have the archaeological training, documented experience and the teamwork skills that you need to gain employment within the cultural heritage sector, as a museum curator or as a field archaeologist.
Programme Structure * Compulsory courses are marked with red.
* All courses, except ARKN03 Work placement, are taught in English. (ARKN03 Work placement is intended for Swedish speaking students since we only can organize internship in Sweden.)
* During semester 2 and 3 optional courses can be chosen among the advanced courses offered. Contact the Study Counselor for information on which optional courses that are given this semester. Note that not all courses shown below are taught every semester.
* Studies abroad can be done during semester 2 and 3 after authorization by the Director of Studies and application procedures.
* It is important to apply to the courses in a way that makes the course be included in the progamme.
Admission requirementsA degree of Bachelor specialising in one of the areas of Archaeology, Historical Archaeology, Classical Archaeology and Ancient History or Historical Osteology. English 6/English Course B.
Selection criteriaBased on academic qualifications and a letter of intent.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||575|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|
Lund University Global Scholarship programmeThe Lund University Global Scholarship programme is targeted at top academic students from countries outside the EU/EEA (and Switzerland). You apply for a Lund University Global Scholarship after you have applied for the programme/or free-standing course you wish to study at Lund University.
Some programmes may have specific scholarships connected only to the programme or the subject area.
Erasmus Mundus Action 1Lund University is a partner in several Erasmus Mundus joint programmes (Action 1). As a student on these Master's programmes you can get a scholarship that can cover both tuition fees and living expenses. Details can be found on the Erasmus Mundus programme pages.
Erasmus Mundus Action 2Lund University is a partner in several Erasmus Mundus Action 2 "lots".If you are from an eligible country you can apply for a scholarship to come to Lund University. Scholarships are available to academic staff, PhD students, Master's students and Bachelor's students and can cover both tuition fees and living expenses.
Swedish Institute scholarshipsThe Swedish Institute offers several scholarship programmes for international students studying at Bachelor's, Master's, PhD and post-doctoral levels.
Swedish Institute Study Scholarship:
The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships target highly qualified students across two categories:
Category 1: Students from the following 12 developing countries: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. Category 2: Students with citizenship from countries on the DAC list (note there are some exceptions).
Other Swedish Institute Scholarships:
* Visby Programme - Swedish Institute Baltic Sea Region
* Swedish Institute Scholarships for East Europe
* Swedish-Turkish Programme
US Student FinanceLund University is a participating institution in the US Government Federal William D. Ford Direct Loan Program for undergraduate, Masters and doctoral programmes. This includes the Stafford Loans and the Graduate Plus Loans. Please note that this loan programme is only available to US citizens or eligible non-citizens.