Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This masters degree will:
* increase your understanding of key concepts and issues related to world Englishes and English language education globally
* provide insight into a wide range of perspectives on these issues in social, theoretical and educational terms
* develop your capacity to analyse, evaluate and synthesise primary and secondary sources
* help you to design research on world Englishes
* develop your aptitude for sustained and independent argument about world Englishes and English language education.
This masters degree provides the opportunity to:
* discuss and debate issues related to world Englishes and English language education worldwide
* reflect on your own work in the light of current theory and research in world Englishes and English language education
* plan new possibilities for professional activity in the future.
Interested in finding out more? Why not come along to our open evening, Tuesday 11 September, 5pm-7pm in central London? For further information and to book your place, please visit ioe.ac.uk/open
- English in diverse world contexts
- Sociolinguistics and language in society
- Discourse, society and culture
- Multilingual and multicultural London
- Issues and options in language teacher development
- The second language learning experience
- Technology and language teaching and learning
- Learning, education and development
- Education and development in Asia
- Educational traditions and systems in Europe
How are you assessed?
By coursework assignments of approximately 5,000 words and a 20,000-word dissertation or 10,000-word report.
Face-to-face daytime and evening sessions
Length of programme
One year full-time or two years part-time
A good first degree or equivalent and appropriate teaching and/or management experience in the provision of English teaching in a world context. Candidates with less experience should have an outstanding academic record and should demonstrate relevant insight into global and/or culturally diverse aspects of English and English language education.
Proficiency in English requirements
For all masters programmes, if your first language is not English, the Institute will need proof of your proficiency in English (IELTS 7.0 - 6.0 writing, 6.5 reading; TOEFL 650 - paper, 280 - computer, 114 - internet; or Cambridge Certificate in the Proficiency of English Grade A or B).
Overseas students made an offer of a place will require sufficient time to gain a visa to study in the UK. We advise early application at least six weeks prior to the start of the programme. If your application is received later than this we will usually consider it for the next available entry point.
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||650|
|TOEFL computer-based test score:||280|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||114|
Please see ioe.ac.uk for up-to-date fees and funding information
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.