Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
This programme connects fundamental research with its applications and integrates genetics, gene technology, cell biology, molecular biology, biotechnology and bioinformatics. All these disciplines have a common basis in molecular genetics, which is the discipline that explains how the information in the genes is expressed and how it can give rise to various traits of an organism. Emphasis is also placed on subjects including genetic mechanisms underlying disease, mapping, and diagnostic methods.
Special features of the programme:
* Courses in genetics, cell biology, molecular biology, biotechnology and medical genetics
* Courses contain practical training in molecular biology techniques
* Includes training in the innovation process, entrepreneurship, and the commercialisation of biotechnology
The knowledge and skills you will gain on this programme open doors to employment within many sectors in industry, academia, and society, for example in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries or within agencies concerned with patent and legal issues, education or research funding. The programme provides you with a solid grounding for PhD studies.
* Molecular Genetics of Eukaryotes, 15 cr. (BIOR49)
* Molecular Microbiology, 15 cr. (BIOR63) or optional course
* Genetic Analysis I, 7.5 cr. (BIOR59) + Genetic Analysis II, 7.5 cr (BIOR60) or Genetic Analysis I, 7.5 cr. + optional course
* Molecular Biotechnology, 15 cr. (BIOR31)
* Bioinformatics and Sequence Analysis, 7.5 cr. (BINP11) or optional course
* Programming in Perl, 7.5 cr. (BINP13) or optional course
* Degree project of 30-60 cr
* Degree project continuation
A Bachelor´s degree including Cell- and Molecular Biology 30 HEC, Genetics 7,5 HEC, Microbiology 7,5 HEC, Biochemistry 15 HEC, and Chemistry 20 HEC.
English B (advanced) language proficiency shall be demonstrated in one of the following ways:
* IELTS score of 6.5 (with no section less than 5.5)
* TOEFL paper-based score of 4.5 (scale 1-6) in written test and a total score of 575; internet based score of 20 (scale 0-30) and a total score of 90
* Cambridge/Oxford Advanced Certificate of Proficiency
* A Bachelors degree from a university where English is the only language of instruction, according to the International Handbook of Universities
* A pass on English course B (Swedish upper secondary school).
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||575|
|TOEFL internet-based test score:||90|
Lund University Global Scholarship programme
The Lund University Global Scholarship programme is targeted at top academic students from countries outside the EU/EEA (and Switzerland). You apply for a Lund University Global Scholarship after you have applied for the programme/or free-standing course you wish to study at Lund University.
Some programmes may have specific scholarships connected only to the programme or the subject area.
Erasmus Mundus Action 1
Lund University is a partner in several Erasmus Mundus joint programmes (Action 1). As a student on these Master's programmes you can get a scholarship that can cover both tuition fees and living expenses. Details can be found on the Erasmus Mundus programme pages.
Erasmus Mundus Action 2
Lund University is a partner in several Erasmus Mundus Action 2 "lots".If you are from an eligible country you can apply for a scholarship to come to Lund University. Scholarships are available to academic staff, PhD students, Master's students and Bachelor's students and can cover both tuition fees and living expenses.
Swedish Institute scholarships
The Swedish Institute offers several scholarship programmes for international students studying at Bachelor's, Master's, PhD and post-doctoral levels.
Swedish Institute Study Scholarship:
The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships target highly qualified students across two categories:
Category 1: Students from the following 12 developing countries: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. Category 2: Students with citizenship from countries on the DAC list (note there are some exceptions).
Other Swedish Institute Scholarships:
* Visby Programme - Swedish Institute Baltic Sea Region
* Swedish Institute Scholarships for East Europe
* Swedish-Turkish Programme
US Student Finance
Lund University is a participating institution in the US Government Federal William D. Ford Direct Loan Program for undergraduate, Masters and doctoral programmes. This includes the Stafford Loans and the Graduate Plus Loans. Please note that this loan programme is only available to US citizens or eligible non-citizens.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.