|Application deadline:||January 15|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Special features of the programme: * Courses in genetics, cell biology, molecular biology, biotechnology and medical genetics
* Courses contain practical training in molecular biology techniques
* Includes training in the innovation process, entrepreneurship, and the commercialisation of biotechnology
Career prospects:The knowledge and skills you will gain on this programme open doors to employment within many sectors in industry, academia, and society, for example in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries or within agencies concerned with patent and legal issues, education or research funding. The programme provides you with a solid grounding for PhD studies.
* Molecular Genetics of Eukaryotes, 15 cr. (BIOR49)
* Molecular Microbiology, 15 cr. (BIOR63) or optional course
* Genetic Analysis I, 7.5 cr. (BIOR59) + Genetic Analysis II, 7.5 cr (BIOR60) or Genetic Analysis I, 7.5 cr. + optional course
* Molecular Biotechnology, 15 cr. (BIOR31)
* Bioinformatics and Sequence Analysis, 7.5 cr. (BINP11) or optional course
* Programming in Perl, 7.5 cr. (BINP13) or optional course
* Degree project of 30-60 cr
* Degree project continuation
Lund University Global Scholarship programmeThe Lund University Global Scholarship programme is targeted at top academic students from countries outside the EU/EEA (and Switzerland). You apply for a Lund University Global Scholarship after you have applied for the programme/or free-standing course you wish to study at Lund University.
Swedish Institute scholarshipsThe Swedish Institute offers several scholarship programmes for international students studying at Bachelor's, Master's, PhD and post-doctoral levels.
Swedish Institute Study Scholarship:
The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships target highly qualified students across two categories:
Category 1: Students from the following 12 developing countries: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. Category 2: Students with citizenship from countries on the DAC list (note there are some exceptions).
In the 2013 application round over 30 of Lund University's study programmes are nominated for this scholarship.
For full information about nominated programmes and other details please review the Swedish Institute Study Scholarship webpage.
Other Swedish Institute Scholarships:
* Visby Programme - Swedish Institute Baltic Sea Region
* Swedish Institute Scholarships for East Europe
* Swedish-Turkish Programme
US Student FinanceLund University is a participating institution in the US Government Federal William D. Ford Direct Loan Program for undergraduate, Masters and doctoral programmes. This includes the Stafford Loans and the Graduate Plus Loans. Please note that this loan programme is only available to US citizens or eligible non-citizens. Read more about US student finance and Lund University.
Canadian Loan SchemesLund University is registered with the Canadian tax authorities and accordingly we accept students with Canadian loan schemes.