|Application deadline:||Registry Office-15 June|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Credits:|| 60 ECTS |
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The M.A. in Motion Graphics is a unique course in Ireland that offers students an opportunity to explore novel and exciting ways of communicating through the moving image. Traditionally the role of the graphic designer was to work with a static image. However, digital technology has enabled the designer to add sound and movement and today motion graphics is used in diverse areas such as advertising, animation and music videos as well as websites, tv graphics and dvd menus.
The development of motion graphics has posed unique challenges to the modern graphic designer. Acquisition of new skills such as sound design, cinematography and animation are now needed together with an understanding of how best to utilise them in order to enhance communication. Connections between the students area of study and contextual, historical and professional issues will be emphasised. Semester 1 will focus on developing the advanced skills, theory and techniques that will allow them to negotiate an individual major communication project linked to a final thesis in Semester 2. This course should be of interest to graduates from design related subjects such as graphic design, animation and creative media.
Motion Graphic Designers will find opportunities within graphic design, multimedia, web design, broadcast television, film, advertising, arts and corporate communications. Graphic designers who wish to pursue a traditional print career will also find their employability enhanced with this MA.
* Theme Based Motion Graphics
* Academic Writing
* Self Initiated Motion Graphics
Learning Outcomes Students who have successfully completed this programme will have:
* A systematic command on creative motion graphic theory, concepts and methods undepinned by an advanced comprehension of historical contexts and trends
* Demonstrated an advanced critical approach to motion graphics and proposed new creative insights into motion graphics work.
* Shown a creative mastery of motion graphics in creating a comprehensive portfolio of original work that demonstrates professional knowledge and engagement reinforced by a critical awareness of the interdisciplinarity and diversity that constitutes motion graphic design
* Selected from complex and advanced skills in the creative design and mediation of motion graphics work and developed new skills, including novel and emerging techniques.
* Worked effectively in a creative production environment adapting to the varied needs of clients, the public, and fellow professionals in the demanding but often ill-defined contexts of the motion graphics professional.
* Justified and defended creative motion graphic work giving reference to the historical and cultural framework of motion graphics and current developments and debates in motion graphic practise.
* Demonstrated an advanced level of scholarship, self-direction and originality in defining and enacting motion graphic problems and solutions.
* Scrutinised, reflected and will aspire to influence cultural and ethical norms.
Are there follow-up Programmes Available? Progression is possible to Research Masters and Doctoral Programmes in Institutes and Universities within Ireland and abroad.
Applicants must have attained a 2nd class honours or higher at honours degree level (Level 8) in graphic design or a related area.
An interview with portfolio will be offered to shortlisted candidates. The portfolio should display evidence of drawing, design, visual research and creativity.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||550|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||80|
The European Social Fund is the European Community's main tool for the development of human resources and the improvement of the workings of the labour market. It aims to tackle unemployment by making it easier to get access to the job market, by promoting equality of opportunities in the labour market, by fostering the creation of new jobs and by supporting the development of professional skills and qualifications. Many students attending courses at Letterkenny I.T. are supported from this fund.
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.