Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||Early Bird & NFP applic 05 Februray 2013; IHS applic 01 July 2013|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
The Master programme combines one year in Yogyakarta Indonesia on urban and regional planning in Indonesia with one year on urban management and development in the Netherlands. It offers two accredited master diplomas within a two year span.
This double degree programme is jointly organized by IHS and Gadjah Mada University (UGM), Indonesia. Gadjah Mada University is the oldest and largest university in Indonesia. Universitas Gadjah Mada is dedicated to supporting research and teaching that can increase prosperity, security and human welfare. As the oldest and largest university in Indonesia, Universitas Gadjah Mada is especially charged with the responsibility to generate scholars and vision for the nation, through global interconnections that retaining cultural authenticity and a passion for social change.
By the end of the programme participants will become innovative urban and regional planners, technically capable to formulate planning documents in a multidisciplinary process and substantially capable to manage the implementation of plans within the context of specific social, environmental and political settings. The first year of the course focuses on Indonesia.
The programme consists of three parts:
Part 1: Urban and regional Planning in Indonesia, at Gadjah Mada University (UGM), Indonesia
* Planning Theory
* Spatial Theory
* Development Theory
* Economic Analysis
* Development Planning Methods and Techniques
* Planning Studios
* Urban and Regional Economics
* Urban and Regional Development Planning Process
* Introduction to Research Methods
Part 2: Urban Management and Development at IHS Erasmus University Rotterdam Core period on urban theories; management theories and research methods and techniques. Participants can choose one of six specializations:
* Urban and Regional Development Planning
* Land Policies and Development
* Environment and Infrastructural Management
* Urban Social Development
* Managing Urban Governance
Part 3: thesis Thesis in Indonesia or elsewhere, based on primary data collection
The double degree programme is designed for urban planners in Indonesia:
Local and regional government officials from Bappeda, Dinas Teknis and Planning units of Departments, central government staff, as well as planners in the private sector.
The programme combines classroom lectures, with group exercises, individual exercises, discussions, field visits in Indonesia and the Netherlands, studios and an individual thesis, The series of studio courses are intended to provide practical experience in development planning, with a case study of spatial planning at the local level in an urban or regional context.
In order to participate in one of the Master programmes or a short course, you are required:
* To have at least a bachelors degree from a recognised university or similar institute in a field related to the chosen course.
* To show evidence of a sufficient oral and written command of the English language. If English is not your mother tongue, an English language test is required.
* Working experience in relevant fields is preferred.
* To have the ability to interact and work with people from very diverse cultures and backgrounds.
English Language Test
We accept certificates from TOEFL or IELTS as official language tests.
* TOEFL Test of English as a Foreign Language; Score: 575 (paper-based) / 232 (computer-based) / 90 (Internet based).
* IELTS - International English Language Testing System; Score: min.6.5, no subtest lower than 5.5
|CAE score:||75 (Grade B)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||575|
|TOEFL computer-based test score:||232|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.