|Application deadline:||You are advised to apply as early as possible|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015, February 2016|
|Duration full-time:||15 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This course is for students wishing to build an early career in management.
What will this course cover?
Our MBA is designed to help you meet the challenges facing managers in the global business environment. It will develop your critical and strategic thinking and equip you with the necessary tools for solving problems. The programme enables you to develop a strategic, integrated and holistic perspective of organisations. You will study management at an individual, group and organisational behavioural level as well as at a functional, process and strategic level. The course will prepare you for a senior management career through the development of enhanced personal and interpersonal skills.
In particular, you will gain leadership capability, skills in business development and in facilitating change in organisations. Academics and practitioners with an international perspective teach this programme, enabling them to equip you with the necessary skills to lead across global boundaries. As an MBA student, you will network with managers from a wide-range of businesses and cultural backgrounds. You will benefit from business simulation games, group discussions and various team working activities. We distinguish ourselves from other MBAs by offering the following opportunities to our most ambitious MBA students:
* work on international business research projects
* develop business start-up ideas
* continue onto a PhD
We also offer you the chance of gaining first-hand experience in undertaking a consultancy project for a company. You will be supported by Bucks staff with extensive practitioner and/or business experience during this consultancy work. We are a member of the Association of Business Schools.
Why choose this course?
On successful conclusion of the course, you will hold the award of Master of Business Administration (MBA). This is the most widely recognised international management qualification, and qualifies you for exemptions from certain professional examinations. It also allows for entry to further postgraduate studies, including PhD programmes, as well as for academic and professional work.
What are the modules?
* International Financial Management
* International Marketing Management
* International Strategy and Organisations
* Personal Development and Consultancy Skills
* International Logistics and Operations Performance
* Management Science and Systems
* International Trade and Competition
* International Management and Change
* Dissertation OR Consultancy Project
How will I be taught?
Assessment includes coursework and examinations. Coursework may include group projects, presentations and online participation. The dissertation represents one third of the marks for the final award.
What will I gain?
The course is designed to build the following:
* strategic knowledge and reasoning in the functional areas of business and the ability to identify and evaluate the relationships between them
* business skills, both academic and practical, which will enable students to perform effectively in a variety of managerial roles
* enhanced personal development
* communication, critical thinking and interpersonal skills
* an international and strategic perspective on the functional and operational areas of business activity
* analytical, critical and research skills to support the development of corporate strategy
* a critical understanding of the tools and frameworks used in modelling and systems thinking.
Start date and attendance
Start date: February and September
Duration: 15 Months
Applicants for the programme should have a good honours degree. The ideal candidate would have relevant work experience in business. International students are also required to have passed: IELTS with a score of 6.5. TOEFL (internet based only) score of 90 If you do not have sufficient TOEFL or IELTS score, why not consider our Pre-Masters course?
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.