|Application deadline:||June 1; Non EU/EEA: March 1|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Partnership:|| Erasmus Mundus Scholarship |
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master in Economics and Management of Network Industries, coordinated by UP Comillas, is a two-year technical specialisation track in which you will develop a mixed economic and technical view on energy networks.
The EMIN is a two-year joint programme (120 ECTS) with two separate phases:
* Training period (90 ECTS): 3 semesters of 30 ECTS each comprised of lectures at the partner universities.
* Master's thesis and internships (30 ECTS): to be completed at any of the EMIN partner universities, in collaboration with the industry partners providing internships for EMIN students in the final stage of their studies
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master in Economics and Management of Network Industries is an initial Master's programme. You can follow this programme on a full-time or part-time basis.
The main objective of our Master's programme is to produce qualified professionals able to manage and regulate network industries and infrastructures within the new liberalised framework. These professionals are involved either in network companies' staff, in consulting teams or in public entities such as ministries, development or regulatory agencies.
We are convinced that the resources offered by the programme can vastly improve the competitiveness and efficiency of both the graduate and his/her organisation, be they based in Europe or in a developing country. Graduates possess the following capabilities:
* A global understanding of the characteristics of European and global network industries
* A deep knowledge of the basics of economic regulation and the policy of network industries
* Management capabilities applied to network industries
* Sufficient capacity for the technical and economic modelling of network industries
This knowledge, enriched by the experience gained during the dissertation stage, prepares competent professionals to actively participate in the efficient management and regulation of network industries, either from the perspective of a private firm or from the regulatory, institutional side.
As a proof of this connection with industry and institutions, some students will be required to present their research results in the context of a dedicated research seminar to be held at the Florence School of Regulation - Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies at the European University Institute in Florence (Italy).
The EMIN Joint Master Programme offers the opportunity to acquire expertise in network industries management from a global perspective that covers both economic/regulatory and technological/management issues. In these industries, teaching, training and research are typically conducted solely by focused specialists, which usually results in a skewed perspective.
The objective of this Master's programme is to continue integrating specialists from different perspectives and nationalities, and to allow them to interact in an interdisciplinary programme to address the main problems faced by network industries in the current context of economic crisis and environmental concern. Our Master's students will learn the relevant engineering, economics, policy and management principles in the network and infrastructure industries.
As this course is dedicated to training qualified professionals, these skills and knowledge will be acquired and applied to concrete case studies. This programme is organised in cooperation with UP Comillas, TU Delft, Paris Sud 11, KU Leuven, Florence School of Regulation, Johns Hopkins University, University of Texas at Austin and Federal University of Rio de Janeiro.
The associate members are Lawrence Berkeley National Lab and Harbin Institute of Technology. The EMIN Joint Master Programme was granted the Erasmus Mundus label of excellence by the European Commission in 2006. That certification was renewed for another 5-year period in 2010.
The EMIN Joint Master Programme has an advantage over existing programmes due to the added value stemming from its partners' joint expertise, the relevance of the subjects addressed, the participation of supporting industries and institutions, and the target of offering a joint degree once legal obstacles and national legislation so allow.
All these advantages ensure an impact on European competitiveness in this area and the development of cutting-edge education and collaboration between the academic and the industrial worlds. The added value of the EMIN Joint Master Programme can be summarised in its international components, renowned partners, interdisciplinary approach, industry connections, experience and research career opportunities.
The criteria for previous studies include:
* Candidates must have obtained a BSc diploma (or equivalent) of substantial quality and level corresponding to at least 3 years studies at University, equivalent to 180 ECTS.
* Candidates must hold a degree in Engineering, Economics or Management (to study at TUDelft and KU Leuven, these studies must be in a technological field or the natural sciences).
The selection of these students will be based on the excellence of their studies. To verify this, the consortium will ask the candidates to submit a transcript, requiring a Grade Point Average (GPA) for the BSc study of at least 75% of the scale maximum and a Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test score of at least 450 in verbal reasoning, 4.1 in analytical writing skills, and 650 in quantitative reasoning. Two letters of recommendation and a C.V. will be required.
Students must take courses in English (Delft, Comillas and Paris XI), and optional courses are also offered in French (Paris XI), Spanish (Comillas) and Dutch (KU Leuven and TUDelft). A high level of English is therefore required. Knowledge of Dutch, French and/or Spanish will be taken into account.
Students whose mother tongue is not English and who did not take all their secondary or tertiary education in English, must provide proof of their command of English, for instance the English Proficiency Certificate, International TOEFL score 80 (Internet-based test), IELTS (academic version) overall band score of at least 6.5, or a DIALANG European Test level B2.
For Spanish and French, basic understanding may be acknowledged in two ways: submitting official proof of language skill: Diplôme d#Etudes en Langue Française, Diploma de Español como Lengua Extranjera; or by passing the DIALANG European test.
In individual cases, a selection committee will decide whether there are exceptional circumstances that justify deviation from one or more of the selection criteria listed above. Exceptional circumstances may result in conditional admission in which case final admission and enrollment will take place only after the condition(s) have been fulfilled.
COMILLAS, as consortium coordinator, receives and classifies the applications, and then submits them to the consideration of the EMIN Joint Admissions Committee. An online intranet has been developed to facilitate the sharing and analysis of the candidates# applications by the members of the Committee. The Committee will classify candidates pursuant to the following criteria:
* Academic record (50 %)
* Curriculum vitae (40 %)
* Letters of motivation and recommendation forms (10 %)
All degree awarding partners will be represented on this committee. Candidate evaluation in accordance with the selection criteria are governed by the General Principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers, i.e., transparency, merits, non-discrimination, recognition of mobility experience, recognition of qualifications, and the pattern of lifelong professional development.
In the initial screening, a video-conference conversation with candidates may be required to verify their motivations and the consistency of their project. The Joint Admissions Committee will draw up a final list of students admitted after this interview.
After the selection, the EMIN Consortium will submit the lists of main candidates for awarding the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship, according to the calls established each year for Category A and Category B candidates.
|TOEFL iBT® test:||80|
Scholarship and funding opportunities
* Central bilateral agreements - Grants for Phd students and staff
* FWO Research Funding
* DBOF - PhD Scholarships
* F+ - Fellowships for incoming postdocs
* AXA Research Fund
NON - EU
* Coimbra group Scholarships programme for young researchers and professors from Latin America
* Coimbra Group Hospitality Scheme (Ukraine and Balkans)
* Coimbra Group scholarships Programme for Young Researchers from European Neighbouring Countries
* Coimbra Group scholarships Programme for Young African researchers
* Erasmus Mundus Partnerships
* FWO Research Funding
* Doctoral Scholarships in the framework of the Interfaculty Council for Development Cooperation
* Travelling allowances for teaching staff and professors in the framework of the Interfaculty Council for Development Cooperation
* Specialisation grants for researchers from developing countries
* VLIR-UOS Scholarships for short training programme ITP (developing countries)
* VLIR-UOS Scholarships for Master Programmes ICP (developing countries
* VLIR-UOS Scholarships for ICP PhD students
* Science without Borders Brasil (2012-2014)
* Belgian bilateral cooperation grants for study and training for nationals of partner countries (Algeria - Benin - Bolivia - Burundi - DR Congo - Ecuador - Mali - Morocco -Mozambique - Niger - Palestinian Territory - Peru - Rwanda - Senegal -South Africa - Tanzania - Uganda - Vietnam)
* DBOF - PhD Scholarships
* F+ - Fellowships for incoming postdocs
* Latin America Fund
* EU-ALFA III (Latin-America)
* EU-ACP (Africa, Carribean and Pacific)
* EU-SARC (South Asia)
* EU-SARC (South-East Asia)
* EU - Central Asia
* EU - ENPI (Neighbourhood and Russia)EU - Central Asia
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.