|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The MSc HRM (with CIPD Pathway) has a stronger focus on HRM practice and skill development than the standard pathway. It is fully accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and provides access to membership of this professional body (Membership of the CIPD is widely regarded as providing a distinct advantage to those who wish to pursue a career in the fields of HRM and Employment Relations and is increasingly seen as an essential requirement. The CIPD currently has 135,000 members and job advertisements for HRM posts frequently make reference to the need for CIPD membership. CIPD status is nationally recognised in the UK but is increasingly recognised on an international basis (see This pathway meets the CIPDs Advanced level criteria enabling those that have successfully completed and passed the pathway to apply for Associate and then Chartered level membership depending on their HR role/level and experience. The CIPD charges a student membership fee (currently £170). Associate and Chartered membership levels are granted by the CIPD. The modules included in the pathway are detailed below. There are no electives, as students need to complete and pass each module.
The programme pathway comprises 180 credits in total. The taught elements of the programme amount to 120 credits and the dissertation 60 credits.
* Human Resource Management (20 credits)
* International Perspectives on Industrial Relations (10 credits)
* Training and Development (10 credits)
* Leading and Managing within Organizations (10 credits)
* CIPD Skills Pathway (20 credits)
* International Human Resource Management (10 credits)
* Researching Work, Employment and Employee Relations (20 credits)
* Leadership Development (10 credits)
* Change Management (10 credits)
* CIPD Skills Pathway (20 credits)
By the end of the programme you will have a high standard of knowledge and understanding of the current practical, intellectual and policy challenges facing practitioners in the field of human resource management. These include:
* The relationship between HRM and business strategy
* The impact of HRM on company performance
* The challenge of developing HRM strategies in an international context
* The implications of new individual and collective employment rights
* Managing change and introducing new forms of work organisation
* Ensuring that employees are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge.
In addition, you will be eligible to apply for membership of the CIPD at either Associate or Chartered level.
In addition to the academic elements of the programme, a range of student events are organized including: a trip to an outdoor activities centre to help students make friends at the beginning of the academic year; end of term celebrations; and a summer ball.
At least an upper second-class degree or postgraduate diploma from a UK university or equivalent. For those not qualified for direct entry to the one-year MSc programmes, a preliminary year may be available.
We accept a range of qualifications from different countries learn more about international entry requirements
English language scores of 7.0 IELTS (no less than 6.5 in any band), 95 TOEFL (with no less than 22 in any band), or 67 (in all skills) Pearson Academic Test of English are required.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.