|Application deadline:||15 March|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
English is the fastest-developing language in the world, growing at about one new word every two hours. It is the native language of 350 million people and the second language of many more. It is the language of globalisation, and organisations worldwide are increasingly agreeing on English as their official business language. As the importance and prevalence of English continue to rise, it is more and more necessary for climbing up the career ladder. Students who enrol in the MA in English programme have the opportunity to immerse themselves in the language, culture, history and society of the English-speaking world.
WHO SHOULD DO THIS MA Degree?
Students who have the ambition to work in the private or public sector or to continue in education
Students who are creative, with good communication and presentation skills
Students who are eager to develop their knowledge, competencies and skills and gain hands-on experience within the creative, cultural, educational, and other industries
WHAT WILL YOU STUDY?
Students work within the three main sub-disciplines of English literature and history, language, and society and culture
Students study a unique combination of area studies, language and culture, and the creative economy and cultural industries
Students can do an internship with a company or organisation, or spend a semester studying abroad
The English degree programme at Aarhus University is one of the oldest, dating almost from the universitys foundation in 1928. The department has excellent academic connections within Europe and overseas. You will find a vibrant international community here, with staff from Denmark, Ireland, the UK, the US, India, and Germany, all of whom belong to international research communities. You will meet exchange students from all over the world and you will have the opportunity to tailor your degree to suit your interests and your career plan. In the programme, you will truly experience what it means to use English in an intercultural setting.
An MA in English is the key to a career in a number of fields such as communications, media, publishing, teaching, tourism, IT, and many more.
* Phonetics, Phonology and Morphology 5 ECTS
* Syntax, Semantics and Pragmatics 1 5 ECTS
* Literatures in English 1: Form and Genre 5 ECTS
* British, Irish and American History and Society 10 ECTS
* Communication and Media 5 ECTS
* Syntax, Semantics and Pragmatics 2 5 ECTS
* Literatures in English 2: Literature in Time 10 ECTS
The requirements for admission to the Masters degree programme in English vary according to the track you wish to enrol in.
Track A (120 ECTS credits in English)
* The admission requirements for Track A of the Masters degree programme are a completed Bachelors degree (135 ECTS credits) in English and a supplementary subject (45 ECTS credits) at Bachelors degree level, or a completed Bachelors degree (135 ECTS credits) in another subject and a supplementary subject (45 ECTS credits) in International Communication in English at Bachelors degree level.
Examples of Bachelors degrees qualifying for admission to Track A:
* The Bachelors degree in English (Aarhus University), cf. Article 14 of the Executive Order on Enrolment (in Danish only)
* The Bachelors degree in English (University of Copenhagen, University of Southern Denmark, Aalborg University)
Track B (75 ECTS credits in English with a supplementary subject at Masters degree level of 45 ECTS credits)
The admission requirements for Track B of the Masters degree programme are a completed Bachelors degree (135 ECTS credits) in English and a supplementary subject (45 ECTS credits) at Bachelors degree level in another subject taught at upper secondary school.
Examples of Bachelors degrees qualifying for admission to Track B:
* The Bachelors degree in English (Aarhus University) or the Bachelors degree in English (University of Copenhagen, University of Southern Denmark, Aalborg University) with 45 ECTS credits in a supplementary subject taught at upper secondary school.
Track C (120 ECTS credits in English aimed at upper secondary school teaching)
Track C is an option available to students who have completed a supplementary subject in English at Bachelors degree level and wish to make English their main subject, i.e. to continue studying English.
* The admission requirements for Track C of the Masters degree programme are a completed Bachelors degree in another subject taught at upper secondary school and a supplementary subject (45 ECTS credits) in English at Bachelors degree level.
Admission to the Masters degree programme in English requires Danish at A level or similar.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||560|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||83|
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!