Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||15 March/15 sep|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||February 2014|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
The degree programme is offered by the Aarhus School of Engineering (ASE), which is a joint partnership between Aarhus University and the Engineering College of Aarhus (IHA). Depending on your background, the degree programme leads to the title Master of Science in Engineering (Information Technology) or Master of Science and Technology (Information Technology). The MSc programme consists of a joint basic course package taken during the first year of studies. In addition, students must choose two of the following specialised study modules plus an optional package.
The MSc programme offers study packages in the following fields:
* Software engineering
* Embedded real-time systems
* Distributed systems
* Digital signal processing
* Communication technology
The best of two study environments
Teaching is carried out in Aarhus by lecturers and researchers at the Department of Computer Science, Aarhus University, and lecturers and development engineers at the Department of Electronics and ICT, Engineering College of Aarhus. The degree programme thus relates to and benefits from research and development projects carried out in both these environments. The Department of Computer Science is part of the IT City Katrinebjerg, where all IT activities in the region are gathered in a growing area near the city centre.
Teaching is typically structured as a combination of lectures and small projects in groups or exercises in small exercise teams. We have a high demand for independence in return, you have unique opportunities for developing your competencies in an environment with access to the newest research in a wide range of areas. The teachers doors are always open if you have questions or want to discuss a certain area of interest.
If you have the necessary skills and interest, you have the option of applying for admission to the PhD programme. As a PhD student, you will be working on a research project and gradually be trained through courses and personal guidance to become a researcher.
Numerous job options
As a graduate of the programme, you have many job options. A few examples of job areas could be:
* Instrument development engineering, involving signal processing of sound and images. Such instruments are typically produced using dedicated signal processors.
* Software architect or software developer of large instruments and systems, which are typically developed on dedicated microprocessor platforms using real-time operating systems and often include wired or wireless communication.
* Software architect, software developer or project manager for large IT systems that are normally developed on standard platforms aided by standard operating systems. An example would be a system for monitoring wind turbines which automatically collects measurement data from the turbines and can be used for purposes such as maintaining and regulatingwind farms.
The study structure in Information Technology consists of a joint basic package of six subjects taken during the first year of studies. In addition, you must choose two of the following specialised study packages plus an optional package that can be more freely chosen as single-subject courses. The programme thus includes a field of specialisation that is composed individually under supervision and amounts to 60 ECTS credits. In the final term, you conclude your studies with a thesis amounting to 30 ECTS credits. Depending on the specific courses, part of your teaching will take place at the university and part at the Engineering College.
* Information Theory and coding
* Systems Engineering
* Wireless Sensor Networks and Electronics
* Optimization in Physical and ICT Systems
* Software Engineering Principles
* Creating a Knowledge-based Business
The degree programme offers specialised study packages in the following fields:
* Specification of IT systems
* Programming Languages
* Test of Distributed Systems
Embedded real time systems
* Architecture and Design of Embedded Real Time Systems
* Hardware/Software Co-design of Embedded Systems>
* Modellering af kritiske systemer
Digital signal processing
* Advanced signal processing and analysis
* Nonlinear Signal Processing and Pattern Recognition
* Computer Vision
Distributed dependable systems
* Architecture and Design of Dist. Dependable Systems
* Middleware and Com. Protocols for Dependable Systems
* Advanced Pervasive Computing
* Advanced Digital Wireless Communication
* Advanced Embedded Sensor Networks
* IP-based Wireless Communications and Internet-of-things
* CMOS Analog Integrated Circuit Design
* Advanced Analog Integrated Circuit Design
* Analysis and Design of Integrated CMOS RF Circuits
Each study package amounts to 15 ECTS credits. By combining these study packages and concluding your studies with a thesis, you can become a specialist in relevant fields of study. You can thereby influence your own specialisation as a development engineer, which can contribute to developing advanced systems and instruments of the future, involving software, hardware and communication technology.
The individual student:
* must have all mandatory courses
* must select 2 full specialisation packages
* can maximum have 10 ECTS point in Engineering Research and Development Projects
* can maximum have 10 ECTS point study group courses
The following Bachelors degrees qualify students for admission to the Masters degree programme in Information Technology:
* A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science from a Danish university.
Other qualifications can provide admission to the Masters degree programme, provided the university assesses that their level, extent and content correspond to the degrees mentioned above.
* A Bachelors degree amounting to at least 60 ECTS credits in Information Technology can qualify the student for admission, provided the combined academic demands regarding the Masters degree programme in Information Technology can be met.
In connection with possible admission, further requirements can be stipulated regarding the composition of the degree programme.
It is a condition that the students language skills correspond to a B level in English.
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||560|
|TOEFL internet-based test score:||83|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.