|Application deadline:||31 May|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||60 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The Institute of Transport and Maritime Management Antwerp (ITMMA) was founded in 1996 and currently is an interfaculty institute within the official structures of the University of Antwerp. It is one of the worlds premier suppliers of highly specialized academic and practice-based maritime and logistics education and research.
Activities include M.Sc. programmes, Ph.D. programmes, short-term courses and tailor-made post-experience programmes, research and publications and trend-setting events and conferences. ITMMA has acquired a leading position in the fields of transport economics, including maritime transport economics, port economics and logistics. It is committed to maintaining and building on its excellent reputation among key players in the maritime, port and transport industries.
The Postgraduate of Transport and Logistics Management is a post-experience programme for middle management transport and logistics professionals and high-potential students with a background in business studies wishing to increase their knowledge of the specialist areas of transport and logistics management. The programme offers business professionals access to skills and experience meaningful and applicable to their career. All courses are taught in English.
Postgraduate of Transport and Logistics Management
Core Module 1
* Logistics Strategy
* Production and Operations Management
* Supply Chain Management Tools
* Transport and Logistics Information Systems
* Warehouse and Hinterland Distribution Management
* Inventory and Demand Management
Core Module 2
Transport and Port Management
* Port Economics and Management
* Terminal Management
* Transport Economics and Policy
Core Module 3
* Cost and Performance Benchmarking
* Techniques of International Trade and Transport
* Technology Workshop
Core Module 4
The main objective of this programme is to provide participants with state-of-the-art know-how and know-who in the field of transport, logistics and the maritime industry and to enable each participant to apply and master the business skills offered in the various courses.
The basic entry requirements for this postgraduate comprise a first university or college degree or extensive relevant work experience, preferably in transport, logistics or supply chain functions. All courses are taught in English. Students should therefore have a thorough knowledge of English. Since the programme is taught in English, all applicants must be able to read with ease, follow lectures and express their thoughts in fluent written and spoken English. For students whose first language is not English, the following qualifications will meet the English language requirement for entry to the postgraduate.
* a first degree from a European university or college;
* or a first degree from an overseas institution recognised by ITMMA as providing adequate evidence of proficiency in the English language;
* a TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language, ). A score of 550 minimum for the paper-based test (PBT) is required or 213 for the computer-based test (CBT), or 80 for TOEFL internet-based(iBT) score;
* or the British Council IELTS (International English Language Testing Service, ) with a minimum score of 6.5);
* or satisfactory standard in the verbal section of the Princeton Test (GMAT, Graduate Management Admission Test, Submitting a GMAT score will strongly support the application;
* or equivalent tests from accredited language testing organisations;
* or other evidence of proficiency in the English language which satisfies the Executive Board.
Applicants who consider their knowledge of English to be insufficient, are therefore strongly advised to take English language courses, either in their home country before leaving, or during their stay in Antwerp. Throughout each academic year, the University of Antwerp organizes intensive English language courses for foreigners.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||550|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||80|
We strongly recommended to contact the Belgian Embassy or Consulate in your home country to learn about scholarship opportunities. The addresses can be found at the official website from the Belgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (
All study programmes at the University of Antwerp received accredidation from NVAO (Dutch-Flemish Accreditation Organisation).