Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2013|
|Credits:|| 90 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||18 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Embedded systems are electronic systems used to control and monitor various small or large systems like air-planes, satellites, railroads, cars, telecommunication networks or robots. Dedicated to a specific task, they are built using several electronic components (microcontrollers, digital signal processors, application specifics integrated circuits, actuators, sensors) and support specific software and operating systems for control, communications or multimedia tasks. The scientific area of Embedded Systems Design is at the interface between Computer science and Electrical engineering.
A common study of hardware and software design methodologies for embedded systems is the key for a global understanding of such systems.
This Master is designed to give students state-of-the-art methodological, technical and scientific knowledge in embedded systems design. It gives students opportunities to practice this knowledge by analysis, design, implementation and characterisation of practical systems like robots or smart-cards systems, or embedded real-time computing platforms.
The design of embedded systems for new applications with strong requirements particularly in real-time processing, power consumption, reliability, security (robustness against adaptive, malevolent attacks), accurate balance between software and hardware solutions is a great challenge. Such system integration is not limited only to the theoretical aspects: numerous factors must be considered jointly in order to obtain innovative and efficient solutions.
The design of embedded systems requires competencies in computer science (operating systems, languages, compilers, concurrent systems) , in electrical engineering (digital electronic design, hardware description language, signal integrity) and in security (cryptography, side channel attacks..). Our goal is to train future experts able to master the wide scientific spectrum of the Embedded Systems area.
The program includes courses over 2 semesters and a one semester internship either in an industrial environment or in a research laboratory.
Core courses are taught in English in the fall term:
* Computer Science Introductory course : 60h
* Architectures for digital signal processing : 30h
* Programmable architectures and HDL languages : 30 h
Subsequent courses are conducted in French:
* Concurrent and distributed systems : 30h
* Microprocessors labs : 30h
* Programmable architecture project: 30h
* Security : 30h
* SystemC Introductory course : 30h
* A choice between Embedded Systems Architectures and Real Time Embedded Systems : 60h
* Security for Embedded Systems : 60h
* Systems on chip design : 60h
* Embedded systems project : 60h
Courses in sciences and techniques for engineers, economics, international management, human sciences and French language for foreigners are also included in the program.
Contributors are faculty members from Telecom ParisTech and representatives of the industry.
Skills acquired :
* The student acquires technical knowledge covering a wide spectrum: theoretical and practical knowledge of methodologies for embedded systems design, including software design from low level drivers, through operating systems to real-time distributed applications, and including hardware design from of the shelf components selecting and assembling, to fully integrated system on chips design.
* The student will be able to take jobs requiring a broad knowledge of embedded systems applications as well as a strong knowledge of the software or hardware components integration techniques.
Thanks to research led by Telecom ParisTech, the students systematically acquire knowledge in the state-of-the-art. They are also sensitized to and are confronted with the challenges of innovation.
Professional openings :
Always developing new technological products, industrials in information technologies are systematically looking for new talents with strong knowledge and a good global vision of systems. The main outlets concern:
* any producing company of digital electronics integrated circuits (Asics, Socs);
* any integrating company of embedded electronic systems (set top boxes, robot calculators)
* any company using embedded electronics systems (avionics, car producers, railroads,telecommunications,..)
* consulting firms;
* academic or industrial research laboratories.
The study and design and management embedded systems gives young professionals a large range of job opportunities.
This Master prepares mainly to the following profiles:
* Design engineering, able to provide solutions to current technological challenges in wide domains like avionics, robotics, home entertainment, telecommunication systems, home automation, automotive, railway industry;
* Research and fundamental development engineering, prior technologies, investigation, innovation;
* Research and development engineering in industry, novel products creation for consumer market, industrial property creation and management, management of innovation ;
* Engineering of system architecture, adaptation of technologies to technical constraints and to uses in accordance with market constraints.
* Teaching based on advanced research and development in the core area of the Master of Science;
* Strong relationship with industrial partners;
* Truly international teaching environment (faculty, students)
* Very important cultural mixture by the integration of students of different nationalities.
* Active collaborations with major companies
* Teaching staff with international reputation
* Large selection of internship offers
* Paid internships of 6 months
Applicants must hold at least a bachelors degree (4 years after the baccalaureate or validation of 210 ECTS) in one of the fields of electronics, computer science or telecommunications with a good background in mathematics and basic knowledge of information systems. Applicants must also provide proof of their ability in English (TOEFL 550 PBT or equivalent) and must also have at least TEF II or equivalent (pre-intermediate) in French.
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||550|
|TOEFL computer-based test score:||213|
|TOEFL internet-based test score:||79|
National Accreditation by French Ministry of Higher Education and Research
A ParisTech accredited Master
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.