Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||Jan 15|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2013|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
The aim of the programme is to provide in-depth knowledge, skills and abilities in the field of sport sciences, from a number of different scientific perspectives. Particular focus is placed on advanced in-depth study of sports medicine and sport psychology.
The programme includes second-cycle courses in
* prevention and treatment of sports injuries
* sports nutrition
* exercise physiology
* leadership and communication
* mental aspects of sport and physical performance
* applied sport and exercise psychology (team and individual)
An important aspect of the programme is close contact with potential future employers and workplaces through internships.
As a graduate from this programme you will have extensive sports-related job opportunities. Possible careers include positions in both the public and private sectors. In addition, the programme provides preparation for PhD studies and an academic career.
This programme is an International Masters Programme (160 credits) in Sport Sciences. The programme starts 30th of August 2010 and approximately 20 students will be admitted yearly.
* IDRN01 Competences in sport - sport psychology REV 2012 (revised August 2012, valid from September 2012)
* IDRN01 Competences in sport - sport psychology, 7,5 hp (students specialised in sports medicine) (valid July 2009 - June 2012)
* IDRN02 Competences in sport - sports medicine, 7,5 hp (students specialised in sport psychology)
* IDRN03 Mental aspects of sport and physical performance, 7,5 hp
* IDRN04 Leadership and communication 7,5 credits
* IDRN05 Medical and Technical Aspects of Sport and Physical Performance, 7,5 credits
* IDRN06 Prevention and treatment of sports injuries 15 credits
* IDRN07 Applied sport and exercise psychology (individual),15 credits (Valid January 2010 - December 2011, Replaced from 2012 by IDRP07)
* IDRP07 Applied sport and exercise psychology - An individual approach (Valid from January 2012)
* IDRN08 Human nutrition 7.5 credits
* IDRN08 Human nutrition 7,5 hp, svensk version
* IDRN09 Human performance in extreme environments 7,5 credits
* IDRN10 Applied sport and exercise psychology - team sports, 15 credits
* IDRN11 Verksamhetsförlagd utbildning idrottspsykologi
* IDRN11 Internship sport psychology
* IDRN12 Verksamhetsförlagd utbildning idrottsmedicin
* IDRN12 Internship sports medicine
* IDRN13 Avancerad forskningsmetodik. Reviderad 2012-10-10 (Gäller från höstterminen 2012)
* IDRN13 Avancerad forskningsmetodik, 15 hp, rev 2011-09 (Gäller höstterminen 2011 - vårterminen 2012)
* IDRN13 Avancerad forskningsmetodik (Gäller höstterminen 2010 - vårterminen 2011)
* IDRN13 Advanced Research Methods REV 2012-10-10 (Valid from Octobr 2012)
* IDRN13 Advanced Research Methods REV 2011 (Valid July 2011 - August 2012)
* IDNR13 Advanced Research Methods (Valid July 2010 - June 2011)
* IDRM01 Idrottsvetenskap masteruppsats 30 hp
* IDRM01 Master's Thesis in Sports Science
A Bachelor´s degree of at least 180 credits, or equivalent degree from another country, at least 90 credits of sports science or equivalent subject areas, such as sport psychology, sports medicine, sports, physiotherapy, health education or public health.
English B (advanced) language proficiency shall be demonstrated in one of the following ways:
* IELTS score of 6.5 (with no section less than 5.5)
* TOEFL paper-based score of 4.5 (scale 1-6) in written test and a total score of 575; internet based score of 20 (scale 0-30) in written test and a total score of 90
* Cambridge/Oxford Advanced Certificate of Proficiency
* A Bachelors degree from a university where English is the only language of instruction, according to the International Handbook of Universities
* A pass on English course B (Swedish upper secondary school).
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||575|
|TOEFL internet-based test score:||90|
Lund University Global Scholarship programme
The Lund University Global Scholarship programme is targeted at top academic students from countries outside the EU/EEA (and Switzerland). You apply for a Lund University Global Scholarship after you have applied for the programme/or free-standing course you wish to study at Lund University.
Some programmes may have specific scholarships connected only to the programme or the subject area.
Erasmus Mundus Action 1
Lund University is a partner in several Erasmus Mundus joint programmes (Action 1). As a student on these Master's programmes you can get a scholarship that can cover both tuition fees and living expenses. Details can be found on the Erasmus Mundus programme pages.
Erasmus Mundus Action 2
Lund University is a partner in several Erasmus Mundus Action 2 "lots".If you are from an eligible country you can apply for a scholarship to come to Lund University. Scholarships are available to academic staff, PhD students, Master's students and Bachelor's students and can cover both tuition fees and living expenses.
Swedish Institute scholarships
The Swedish Institute offers several scholarship programmes for international students studying at Bachelor's, Master's, PhD and post-doctoral levels.
Swedish Institute Study Scholarship:
The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships target highly qualified students across two categories:
Category 1: Students from the following 12 developing countries: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. Category 2: Students with citizenship from countries on the DAC list (note there are some exceptions).
Other Swedish Institute Scholarships:
* Visby Programme - Swedish Institute Baltic Sea Region
* Swedish Institute Scholarships for East Europe
* Swedish-Turkish Programme
US Student Finance
Lund University is a participating institution in the US Government Federal William D. Ford Direct Loan Program for undergraduate, Masters and doctoral programmes. This includes the Stafford Loans and the Graduate Plus Loans. Please note that this loan programme is only available to US citizens or eligible non-citizens.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.