Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||April 1st to May 15th (for the winter semester) and October 1st to November 15th (for the summer semester)|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||April 2014, October 2014|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
The Masters examination will determine if students have acquired the following: in-depth knowledge in economics, and business and human resources, an overview of the correlations and skills to apply and communicate the scientific methods and findings in the area of economic sciences as well as the second subject and the ability to work independently and scientifically.
In addition, the Masters programme also serves to show if sufficient aptitude and disposition are present to begin with doctoral studies.
The Masters programme in Business and Human Resource Education comprises:
Economic Sciences: 30 credits, Second teaching subject: 34 credits, Business and Human Resource Education (educational studies and subject-related didactics in Economic Sciences): 33 credits, Oral final examination: 3 credits, Masters thesis: 20 credits
If one of the languages English, French or Spanish is chosen as a second subject, then Article 8 of the regulations for Masters degrees for teachers in Lower Saxony (Nds. MasterVO-Lehr) requires three months of programme-related studies abroad in a country in which the selected language is also the official language. The three months abroad can take place during either the Bachelors or the Masters programme.
Nds. MasterVO-Lehr further provides that occupational activities are verified by means of vocational training or subject-specific practicals. The subject-specific practicals must comprise a total of at least 52 weeks, while the individual internship must be at least 4 weeks long.
Students must pass an oral examination in the last semester. The examination covers all areas of the Masters programme. The objective of the oral examination is to verify that all necessary skills have been acquired, that they can be systematically set in relation to school and can be properly applied in teaching.
Selection procedure and criteria
The selection procedure takes place in two steps with a pre-selection of applicants based on their written application documents followed by a personal selection interview with a portion of the applicants.
The following points are evaluated during pre-selection: The applicants special interest in the programme, the overall grade in the completed programme based on which the applicant is applying. Furthermore, special knowledge and skills are evaluated that pertain to subject areas of the Masters programme and are documented with a corresponding concentration and academic achievement in the completed course of studies based on which the applicant is applying.
The programme of study in Business and Human Resources is designed for one of the following occupational areas:
* Vocational training schools in Business and Administration which mainly comprise vocational training schools, specialised secondary schools and commercial high schools,
* Company-based vocational training and further education
* Education administration/educational policy (chambers, associations, ministries),
* Management of personnel training / continuing education,
* Non-school related adult education (in public and private sponsorship),
* Education consultation, development aid
* Tasks in business working fields of companies.
* Bachelors degree or equivalent degree with at least a 2.50 (in the German grading system). Eine besondere Eignung liegt auch vor, wenn ein Bachelor-Abschluss oder gleichwertiger Abschluss mit mindestens der Note 3,50 nachgewiesen und die aufgeführten Kriterien in der Zulassungsordnung erfüllt werden.
Note: If you have not completed your degree at the time of application, the current average score will be calculated. In order to do this, you must provide evidence that you have completed at least 150 ECTS at the time of application.
* As part of fulfilling the minimum of 30 ECTS course requirements in Economics and Business Administration (see above "Proof of relevance"):
* A minimum of 18 ECTS must be completed in Business Administration
* A minimum of 6 ECTS must be completed in Economics
* A minimum of 18 ECTS from the modules must be from coursework that is of intermediate or advanced levels
Note: For courses to be considered intermediate or advanced, the course content must clearly go beyond introductory or basic concepts.
The Master's Programme in Business and Human Resource Education is accredited (ZEvA Hannover).
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.