Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
On this course you can:
* Focus on the practical application and design aspects of digital systems rather than intensive analytical detail
* Analyse high-frequency signals or measure antennas in our anechoic chamber
* Access a wide range of powerful and modern multimedia computational facilities, with the latest industry software installed
What opportunities might it lead to?
This course puts you in an excellent position to start a career as a professional engineer in the telecommunications, electronics, automotive, control and aerospace industries. You could find jobs in areas as diverse as consumer and professional electronics, robotics, defence, broadcasting and telecommunications.
Here are some routes our graduates have pursued:
* professional electronics
* research and development
* product manufacture
* project management
You will study several key topics and complete a four-month individual project in which you apply your knowledge to a significant, in-depth piece of analysis or design. Projects are tailored to your individual interests and may take place in our own laboratories or, by agreement, in industry.
Here are the units you will study:
* VHDL and Digital Systems Design: This unit covers the use of a hardware description language (VHDL) to capture and model the design requirement - whilst programmable logic devices enable an implementation to be explored and tested prior to moving into manufacture. The learning will have a practical bias such that experience as well as theory is gained in completing this unit.
* Advanced DSP Techniques: This unit aims to introduce you to the fundamentals of statistical signal processing, with particular emphasis upon classical and modern estimation theory, parametric and nonparametric modelling, time series analysis, least squares methods, and basics of adaptive signal processing.
* Mixed Signal Processors: This unit focuses on both control and signal processing hardware, how it works, how to interface to it, and software - how to design it and debug it.
* Real-Time Embedded Systems: This is a practical study of underlying principles and current practice of embedded and real-time systems design and development enhances significantly career opportunities.
* GPU Architecture and Programming: This unit focuses on the architecture and programming model of modern CUDA GPUs and provides you with hands-on experience to achieve high performance general purpose computations on them.
* Communication Systems Analysis: This unit focuses on basic principles in the analysis and design of modern communication systems, the workhorses behind the information age. It puts emphasis on the treatment of analogue communications as the necessary background for understanding digital communications.
Teaching and Assessment
You will be taught through a mixture of lectures, seminars, tutorials (personal and academic), laboratory sessions and project work. The course has a strong practical emphasis and you will spend a significant amount of time in our electronic, communications and computer laboratories.
How are you assessed?
A range of assessment methods encourages a deeper understanding of engineering and allows you to develop your skills. Heres how we assess your work:
* written examinations
* laboratory-based project work
* a major individual project/dissertation
A second-class honours degree, or equivalent, in relevant subject. Applicants who do not meet the minimum entry requirements but have extensive relative work experience may also be considered.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.0 with no component less than 5.5
|CAE score:||75 (Grade B)|
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.