Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The program will offer an advanced education in environmental chemistry, with in-depth knowledge of inorganic and organic environmental contaminants; their structure, function, sources and emissions, distribution, transformation and fate in the environment.
The first semester you will study theoretical, analytical and practical aspects of environmental chemistry. The second semester includes compulsery courses, for instance a course about risk assessment of environmental contaminants. The second year the education comprises eligible courses, including a master thesis project focusing on environmental chemistry.
The programme comprises of two compulsory courses (30 higher education credits) and a degree project of at least 30 higher education credits, and additional optional courses up to 120 higher education credits.
The programme is closely related to research at the department and is designed to cover most specializations within environmental chemistry.
The programme provides knowledge and skills that form a useful foundation for both postgraduate studies and a professional career, both domestically and abroad.
General requirements for Master's programmes:
- An academic degree (i.e. a Bachelors degree or the equivalent, at least 180 ECTS.) Stockholm University does accept applicants in their last year of Bachelor's studies. See note below: Previous university records
- Proficiency in English, which must be demonstrated in one of the following ways:
* IELTS score (Academic) of 6.5 or more (with no section scoring below 5.5)
* TOEFL score 20 in written test, total score of 90 (internet based)
* TOEFL score 4,5 in written test, total score of 575 (paperbased)
* Cambridge/Oxford - Advanced or Proficiency level
TOEFL test scores must be sent directly from Educational Testing Service (ETS), to University Admissions in Sweden (institution code: SWEDEN 3477).
English language test exemptions
Some students may be exempt from submitting formal test evidence. These are:
* Students who have a Bachelor's degree from a university where English is the only language of instruction, according to the latest edition of International Handbook of Universities.
* Students who have a Bachelor's degree (a Swedish Kandidatexamen or equivalent academic qualifications) with English as the major subject.
* Students with a 4-year university degree in Engineering, Science or Technology from India and Pakistan.
* Students who have 30 HE credits from a Nordic country and the language of instruction of the course/programme/university is English.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||575|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.