|Application deadline:||January 15|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Molecular life sciences aims to understand the structure, function and regulation of biological systems at molecular, cell and organism levels. The subject is broad and many different fields interact. Molecular life sciences is characterised by very rapidly growing need to gather knowledge, extensive technological advances, and the establishment of new subdisciplines. This means that our understanding of living organisms is rapidly increasing, and that we in this way can obtain powerful new tools for applications in biotechnology and biopharmacology.
A Masters degree in Molecular Life Sciences opens a broad spectrum of career opportunities both within and outside of the academic sphere. Important parts of industry and society require deep knowledge within molecular life sciences, from biomedical research and pharmaceuticals development to the effect of the environment on biological systems, quality assurance of foodstuffs, and nutritional science. This programme is also, naturally, highly appropriate for students who plan to carry out research in the exciting field of molecular life sciences.
This Masters programme offers a broad education at the front line of research in molecular life sciences. The programme is highly flexible and can be tailored for a number of directions, selecting from a wide selection of courses within cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, microbiology, developmental biology, molecular physiology, and immunology.
You will also carry out a degree project at one of the departments collaborating in the programme: Molecular Biology and Functional Genomics, Genetics, Microbiology and Toxicology, Botany, and Cell Biology, Developmental Biology, Immunology and Physiology at the Wenner-Gren Institute.
The programme consists of elective courses at the second level in the main field of study of at least 30 HEC, a degree project in Molecular Life Sciences of 30/45/60 HEC and optional courses of up to 60 HEC.
Year 1 & 2. Compulsory courses:
Courses at the second level in Molecular Life Sciences of at least 30 HEC from a list of elective courses.
The elective courses are decided by the department board. The list of all elevtive courses should be updated before each new academic year. Before the start of a programme, there should be a list of the minimum number of courses where teaching is guaranteed during the programme.
Degree project in Molecular Life Sciences 30/45/60 HEC
Optional courses of up to 60 HEC.
General requirements for Master's programmes:
- An academic degree (i.e. a Bachelors degree or the equivalent, at least 180 ECTS.) Stockholm University does accept applicants in their last year of Bachelor's studies. See note below: Previous university records
- Proficiency in English, which must be demonstrated in one of the following ways:
* IELTS score (Academic) of 6.5 or more (with no section scoring below 5.5)
* TOEFL score 20 in written test, total score of 90 (internet based)
* TOEFL score 4,5 in written test, total score of 575 (paperbased)
* Cambridge/Oxford - Advanced or Proficiency level
TOEFL test scores must be sent directly from Educational Testing Service (ETS), to University Admissions in Sweden (institution code: SWEDEN 3477).
English language test exemptions
Some students may be exempt from submitting formal test evidence. These are:
* Students who have a Bachelor's degree from a university where English is the only language of instruction, according to the latest edition of International Handbook of Universities.
* Students who have a Bachelor's degree (a Swedish Kandidatexamen or equivalent academic qualifications) with English as the major subject.
* Students with a 4-year university degree in Engineering, Science or Technology from India and Pakistan.
* Students who have 30 HE credits from a Nordic country and the language of instruction of the course/programme/university is English.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||575|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!