Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
Programme Objectives Taught by staff with consultancy and research experience, this MSc reflects the current industry trends and employer needs. Your studies will include: sport management, marketing, finance, law, research methods, venture management and ethics in sport.
You will have the chance to work on case studies, gain expertise from people in the business, and to develop specific interests through a research dissertation.
The programme will help you acquire the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills to enable reflective management practice in a range of sport settings. Throughout the programme you will be challenged to evaluate the dynamic environment in which sport organisations in the public, commercial and voluntary sectors strive to flourish, and to apply your developing knowledge and management skills to meeting the inherent sport management challenges.
On successful completion you will be able to:
* identify and evaluate recent changes in sport participation and policies, and their implications for sport management practices.
* apply management theory to the context of managing sport organisations.
* conduct research into sport issues relevant to managing and developing sport organisations and events.
Structure and Content
You can study either full-time or part-time to Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma or MSc levels.
You must attain 180 SCQF points to be awarded an MSc in Sport Management. You will achieve this by successfully completing taught modules and a dissertation.
You will take the following modules:
* Principles of Management in Sport: This double module provides students with a critical understanding of how environmental factors influence strategic and operational decisions in the management of sport businesses.
* Sports Finance: This module examines the role of finance and business in contemporary sport.
* Research Design and Process: This module provides an introduction to designing and implementing research projects, and the use of key methods.
* Research Methods for Sport: Developing from Research Design and Process, this module helps students develop research skills in qualitative and quantitative methods.
Optional modules (depending on availability):
One from the following in Semester One:
* Sports Marketing
* Ethics in Sport
* Intellectual Property
One from the following in Semester Two:
* Sports and the Law
* Venture Management
* Economics of Sports
* Sports, Culture and Society
For successful completion of the MSc, you will need to complete a 12,000-15,000-word dissertation.
Delivery and Assessment Management concepts and theories will be delivered through traditional lecturing methods.
Theory will be turned into practice through through case study analysis, discussion with sport management practitioners, seminars and research. You will acquire softer management skills such as problem-solving, team-working, leadership, analysis, evaluation and presentation, all of which are essential if you are to become an effective manager.
The modules are assessed by a mixture of coursework and examination.
Contact the School for information on your timetable and reading lists.
A lower second class Honours degree or better (or equivalent professional qualification). Applicants who do not hold the normal academic qualifications but who have an appropriate level of relevant experience in sport administration and/or management may also be admitted.
English Language Requirements
If English is not your first language, you must provide evidence of your proficiency such as a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (minimum 6 in each skill), or TOEFL: Listening 23, Reading 23, Speaking 23, Writing 23.
In the most recent Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) sports research at Stirling was ranked 1st in Scotland and in the top five in the UK, with 85 percent of publications classed as International level and 15 percent as World-leading.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.